chapter 49

"Oh my God." I pulled my hand away and fell off the bed I was on. I stood straight up and looked at him in shock.
"How are you... why are you... am I dead?"
He laughed. "No. You're not."
"Then how are you here?" I said walking away from him, until I hit a wall.
"I get you're scared-"
"-scared! I'm terrified!" I shouted.
"Just calm down." He begged. I picked up a scalpel off the side and held it out.
"Don't come anywhere near me. I'm not touching you and going through what I just went through again?"
"What are you talking about?"
"Kaito just showed me a bunch of stuff and you're dead so you'll do it too."
"I'm not dead." He said holding his arms out.
"I said stay away!" I screamed.
Someone burst into the room.
"It worked." Soji said smiling. He ran over and grabbed me.
"Get off." I said pushing him away.
I looked at hide and shook my head.
"You should be dead!" I shouted.
"Taiga!" Ayato shouted. He ran upstairs and inside with touka and raiden. All three of them saw hide and looked just as scared as I did.
"I thought you were both dead?" Touka said in shock.
"I'm not dead?" I asked still holding the scalpel.
"No." Hide said. I turned around. "And you're alive?" I said trying to smile but I couldn't.
"Are you okay?"
"No." I said clutching my chest. "I had a funeral for you. I watched kaneki carry your dead body down the.. Oh my God kaneki!" I shouted looking up.
"You're alive." I said as tears filled my eyes. I jumped at him and wrapped myself around him. He hugged me and smiled.
"You're alive too!" He said hugging me.
I breathed in his scent and jumped down.
"I kept your headphones and jacket." I said wiping my tears
"You did?" He asked shocked. I nodded and looked at the bruises on his face.
"What did he do to you?" I asked angrily.
"What did he do to you? He killed you?"
"Obviously not." I said raising my eyebrow. I turned around and looked at raiden.
"Where's Hinami?"
Everyone looked down.
"This is what Is worse." I whispered.
"What?" Hide asked looking at me.
"Where is she?" I asked moving away.
"The ghoul detention centre."
"The what!" I shouted.
"We tried to help her-" Soji began.
"-not hard enough!" I pushed him out of the way and growled at him. I could feel my blood boiling and just when I got angry enough in saw Yuki at the bottom of the stairs.
"Oneesan?" He said quietly.
I dropped to my knees at the top of the stairs. He ran over and hugged me. "I thought you were dead." He said crying. I stood up, holding him still and looked downstairs.
Yasuna stood there with Naki and torso. I walked down and handed Yuki to yasuna.
"I'm going to get Hinami back."
"Don't be stupid." Miza said walking over. "There's no way you could get her all alone."
"Try me." I said walking towards the door. She stood in front of it and shook her head.
"Seriously, if you go there all guns blazing they'll either kill you or lock you up."
"I don't care." I said angrily.
"You do! She doesn't want you to die and neither does anyone here! We've all been terrified, don't be so selfish and throw it all away. We will all help save her, and I'm sure eto will too, they were friends, she really liked Hinami."
"We lost so many people though."
"And we'll lose more, but you need her and we need you. Have a shower, relax and I will personally devise a plan with everyone on how to get her back. I promise. You're quick thinking with the trackers is what kept my brother alive and I owe you, trust in me that I will help you get her back."
I nodded and walked upstairs past everybody and climbed into the shower.
I sat down in the shower, with my knees up to my chest. I honestly was in shock. I was in a state of believing I was dead? Like, hide died? He bled out and I saw his body, the body that is now singing a song outside the bathroom, waiting for me. I washed myself and put my bath robe on. I opened the door and walked to my bedroom. I had the curtains shut and the lights off, so there was no light getting in. I sat in the corner of the room sadly, feeling sorry for myself.
"Knock knock." Hide said walking in. He looked around, unable to see me and turned the light on. He shut the door and walked over to me.
"I'm so sorry I left you." He said putting his arm around me.
"I'm sorry I gave up on you." I said hugging him. "I'm sorry I didn't give you the reaction you deserved." I said squeezing him.
I began crying into his shoulder squeezing him so tight.
"They told me you died." He said hugging me back.
I moved away and wiped his tears. "I can't believe you're alive."
He put his hand on my cheek. I closed my eyes and embraced his touch. I held his hand to my face and didn't move.
"I've missed you. I missed your smile and your hair and just everything about you."
I kept my eyes closed and smiled. He put his other hand on my cheek so I opened my eyes.
"Can you tell me what happened to kaneki?" He asked.
I nodded and stiffened up instantly.
"After you died, he got very weird. It was like he had no motivation to do anything. Like, he didn't seem interested and I know it's because he thought you were dead, but I lost you too. He wanted us to go away and get our heads sorted, so we left and he crashed and he left me in the car and never came back. He use to leave letters and stuff but eventually I caught him. He explained what was happening then I never heard from him again. I thought he was gone but then he appeared, as an investigator for a special ghoul squad in the ccg."
"He what?" Hide asked looking disgusted.
"He's gone." I said shaking my head. "They brain washed him hide. Kaneki isn't even his name. He can't even remember you. He has no idea about any of us."
"We'll make him remember." He said hopefully. I stood up and opened my suitcase. I showed him the scrap book I made of pictures of us all and he smiled. "This should work, it's just a case of getting it to him."
"When we get Hinami come with us!" I said looking at him. "You can come and pull him back."
"That's your plan?"
"That's all I got. What else could we do?"
He nodded. "I guess you're right."