chapter 23

From far left, kuki Urie, Ginshi shirazu, haise sasaki, Saiko yonebayashi and tooru mitsuki.

"And a life filled with happiness." Nishiki shouted holding his glass up. We all held our glasses up and cheered.
"This engagement party is quite the smash T." Raiden said putting his arm around me.
"I know. I've out done myself this time haven't i." I said smiling.
I looked around and Itori, Yomo and uta were all hugging, laughing. Touka, Hinami, Ayato and Yuki were all messing about, laughing and Kimi and Nishiki were talking to Mr Yoshimaura and then, Soji walked in. He looked at me, watching my face turn sour. I growled and turned to look at Touka. She ran over to him and hugged him. The whole time he was staring at me. He pulled away and waved me over. I walked over as Touka walked away. He pulled me outside. "You look stunning, as per usual."
"Fuck off." I moved away. "What do you want?"
"To talk."
"About?"
"I know we haven't seen eye to eye, but-" he was cut off by someone honking the car horn. I smiled and raised my eyebrow.
"Duty calls." I straightened up my wig and held my hand up in the shape of a gun. I moved my thumb. "Bang" I said smiling. I moved the gun to my mouth and blew the top of my finger. "Bye bye." I walked towards the car and opened the door. I pulled the bag off my back and threw it in the back. I climbed into the car and smiled.
"Hello haise." I said putting my seat belt on.
"Shiori." He nodded and reversed the car. I watched as Soji stood there watching humorously. He held his hand up and gestured shooting like I did, blowing it before completely vanishing.
"You okay?" Haise asked.
"Uhm yeah. I'm fine. Just let's meet your friends."
"You nervous about meeting them?" He asked smiling.
"No." I scoffed. "Maybe a bit." I said looking out of the window. Kaneki, or haise loves me. No matter who he thinks he his, he loves me. People always talk about amnesia patients having muscle memory, well the heart is a muscle and it remembers me. It remembers the speed of which it beats in my presence or the way it hurt when I wasn't with him. Call me stupid, or naive, but i know this.
We pulled up put side of a Modern looking, beautiful house. He grabbed my bag and got out. He walked to the side of me and helped me out of the car. "Let's meet the vultures." He said teasingly. He put my bag over his shoulder and grabbed my hand. He pulled me towards the door and the four people stood there in party hats and the minute I walked in they all pulled the party poppers.
"I said make her feel excited not throw her a party." Haise said still holding my hand as he closed the door.
"Hey, have we met before." Saiko asked.
"Yes actually. The café when you said you hoped the girl with haise was ugly." I made a thin smile as she blushed. The guy with the yellow hair took my other hand and kissed it.
"You are definitely prettier then her." He said teasingly.
"Oh shut it shirazu." She said hitting him.
"My name is Ginshi shirazu, and this girl here, Saiko yonebayashi."
"This is Tooru mutsuki, he is female but gender, male."
"Oh, transgender?" I asked enthusiastically.
He nodded. "And this lovely boy is kuki Urie. Quite laid back and boring." He said sighing. I looked at kuki and smiled. His face was completely straight. He didn't really have much to say.
"You want something to eat? I'd hurry up before fatsune miku eats it all." Shirazu smiled as saikos face grew with rage.
"I'm not fat." She said angrily.
"I already ate. My friends got engaged I was at a party before I came here actually."
"Oh okay. I'll show you to your room and you can put your stuff in there and get changed." Tooru said grabbing my arm. Haise let go and took his jacket off as I was whisked away.
"I hope you don't mind sharing haises room."
"Eh no. It's fine."
He nodded and walked out. I quickly put on my pyjamas and ran down stairs. Saiko was lay with her legs on shirazu and kuki whilst Tooru sat on the floor and haise on the other couch. I sat next to haise and smiled. "So at we doing?" I asked smiling.
"Well the other day, you knew I was in the ccg but do you know what I do?"
"Uhm....no." I said non chalantly.
"Were the quinx squad." He said nervously.
"The what? Is that like a high ranked squad?"
"You could say that." Tooru said shaking his head.
"Were experiments." Saiko said eating.
"What?" I asked pretending to be confused.
"Were half ghoul. They modified us so we aren't a threat though! You're safe!" He said reassuringly.
"You said all of that stuff about your own kind? How could you be so one sided about ghouls when you are one. There's good in everyone, ghoul or human!" I smiled and ruffled his hair. "Thank you for telling me anyway, but I don't care if you're a ghoul or a human. I don't like you because of what you are, I like you because of who you are."
He smiled. "Really?"
"Well yeah. I don't discriminate."
"You seem too perfect." Saiko said sitting up.
"Well." I said smiling.
"You wanna come upstairs and get your bed sorted?" Haise asked standing up.
"Yeah sure." I took his hand and followed him upstairs.
"What's that?" He said holding my necklace.
"Oh." I quickly pulled it away before he opened it. "It's just a necklace someone gave me."
"It's reminds me of a ghoul."
"Who?"
"Well, I don't know exactly what she looks like but you'll know her as the binge eating tiger."
"Ah. She saved me once."
"What?" He asked confused.
"I was crossing a road when my foot got stuck. She jumped in front of me stopping the car and helping me."
"Wow."
"She maybe just went through through a rough patch and now she's misunderstood."
"I saw her the other day. She definitely has problems. I feel bad for her. Something inside kicks in and I just want to help her. Is that bad."
"No. That's really kind. Makes me like you that little bit more."
He smiled and proceeded to set up my bed.