chapter 60

I got out of bed and got dressed. Haise was still asleep so I grabbed the rc fluid and quickly injected it. I put my contact lenses in and sat by him. I watched his eyes flicker as he slept. I smiled slightly and raised my hand. I poked him in the face and he grabbed my hand. He pulled me into his arms and inhaled the scent of my hair.
"Eh, haise." I said blushing.
"Let's just stay like this for a bit."
"No. I have to Uhm, I mean you have..."
"Haise come on we have to leave soon." Saiko shouted. I let out a sigh of relief and smiled at him. He let go of me and I stood up. I walked downstairs and greeted everyone.
"You look chipper." Tooru said smiling.
"I can't wait to be alone and have a day all to myself."
I grabbed my car keys and handbag and walked out. I got into my car and put my bag on the passenger seat and started my car. Haise ran out and opened my car door.
"Tonight, you'll come home to something really nice. I promise."
"Okay then." He closed my door and waved. I put my belt on and smiled as I reversed out of the drive way.
I waved as I drove away and he blew me a kiss. I sighed and drove away. I pulled up outside of Hogo-cha and sat in my car for a moment. I sighed and grabbed my bag. I got out of the car and walked inside the crowded café. I smiled and sat down.
"Can I take your order?" Someone asked. I looked up and hide stood there. I sighed and smiled.
"I'll just have a coffee please."
He nodded and looked at me for a moment. "Do i know you?" He asked.
"No. I think it's just my face, I have a weird one." I said smiling.
"Oh. Sorry." He smiled brightly and laughed. "One coffee right?"
"Yes." I said smiling.
We nodded and he walked away. I sighed and slammed my head against the table. "This was a bad idea." I said sadly.
"Are you okay?" Someone asked.
I slowly turned my head and Yuki stood there with my coffee.
"Oh my God." I said quietly. I pulled out some money, enough to pay for my coffee and leave a tip and I walked past Yuki and straight into kuraidesu.
"Oh no." I said crying.
"What's wrong?" He asked. "Why are you here?"
"I had to come and now I regret it."
"Is everything okay ma'am?" Hide asked running out.
"She's fine hide." He said hugging me. "Hikari." I whispered.
"Are you sure?" He asked again.
I pulled way and smiled. "I'm good thank you."
"Let's go in, have a drink and calm you down, okay?" I looked at him and nodded. He walked me inside and sat me down at my table. I grabbed my coffee and sighed.
"Why are you being so nice to me. Wouldn't you tell me off for this?"
"It's your life. I won't input at all."
"Do you two know eachother?" Hide asked.
"What do you think?" He asked sarcastically. I kicked him under the table and looked at hide.
"He doesn't mean to be so rude. And yeah, we do."
Hide nodded and walked away smiling. "That was so uncalled for."
"Taiga-"
"-that's not my name anymore."
"Yes it is?"
"I'm a completely different person now. She's in the past."
"You can't just do that."
"I can and if you carry on, you'll be put in the past too."
"Is that a threat?"
"Yeah, it is."
"You know, you almost smell human. You can eat human food and stuff now right?" He asked playing with a fork on my table.
"Your point is."
He stabbed the fork into my hand and laughed. "You're nothing anymore."
I ripped the fork out of my hand and threw the coffee on him.
"You fucking psychopath." He shook my hand and hide saw me.
"Are you okay?" He asked.
"Yeah, I'm fine."
He saw the blood on my hand and grabbed it.
"Oh god. He did that?"
"His ghoul tendencies are irratic so I understand."
"If he stabbed you then..."
I thought about if I said I was a ghoul but because of the rc, I was nearly human but it's too confusing.
"Yeah, I'm human." I said smiling.
he pulled me into the back room and grabbed a first aid kit from a shelf. He pulled out a bandage roll and smiled.
"Both hands are hurt." He said as he bandaged my hand up.
"Yeah." I laughed at stared at him as he wrapped my hand up.
"Thanks." I said holding my hand to my chest.
"You really remind me of someone."
"Who?"
"My friend. She's kinda gone MIA."
"Oh, I'm sorry." I looked at him and he looked genuinely sad. My phone began ringing so I picked it up.
"Hello?"
"I'm sorry Ai. Akira told me it was your day off but someone's calling again."
"I told you to block the calls."
"They're pledging threats on the detention centre." I looked at hide and rolled my eyes.
"Tell them to call back in an hour, I'm on my way. Make sure you have the trackers on my desk still, I'm gonna need them."
"Okay." The Secretary hung up and I put my phone away. I looked at hide and smiled.
"Work. I have to run."
"Yeah, okay." He waved and smiled. "Come back soon."
"Okay, I might." I smiled and walked out just as touka walked in. I avoided eye contact with her completely and ran to my car. I started the engine and drove to the ghoul detention centre. I parked my car and got out, grabbing my bag.
"God I hate my life." I whispered bitterly as I walked in.
"Ma'am stop!" A guard shouted.
"Oh god. I don't have time, talk to Akira." I walked in angrily and he grabbed me.
"I will shoot."
I pulled my badge out of my bag and showed him.
"I'm sorry ma'am."
"Better be. I can have you job taken away in seconds." I walked away angrily and began spamming the elevator button. It opened and I got in with a bunch of strangers. It opened up and I walked out to my office and threw my bag on the chair. I grabbed the trackers and walked into another room. The Secretary chased in after me and smiled.
"You're here." She said happily.
"I don't think I really had a choice." I began spinning around and then the phone rang. I picked up and Akira laughed.
"I gave you a day off." She said obviously amused by me turning up.
"Well, there are threats against here being thrown about. It's my case, I needed to come in."
"No. Go interview those two at the 12th ward."
"You're joking right? I just drove from the fourteenth all the way here. They'll be ringing soon. Let me deal and I'll leave to talk to the other people."
"Fine. Whatever." She hung up and the Secretary ran in with another phone.
"I wish I had a gun to shoot myself with!" I shouted. I grabbed the phone and sighed. "You want to kill us all right?" I said yawning.
"Am I really this boring."
"Yeah. You are." I pulled the tracker out of yasuna's box and held it in my hand. "I'll just kill the pink haired girl." I looked at the Secretary and mouthed gun. She nodded and ran off. She came back with a gun and I smiled. I took it off her, put the tracker down, and shot a couple of times, before smashing the tracker with the gun.
"No!" She screamed.
"Threaten this place and the boy will die, do it again, the young girl, Hinami, she'll be next. I suggest you stop calling me because it's getting to be a joke." I handed the phone to the Secretary and grabbed my bag. I walked out of my office and saw ginshi and Saiko.
"What are you doing here?" Saiko asked.
"I had to take a call. How come you two are here?"
"Oh, we have to look at some stuff. Thought it was your day off?" Ginshi looked sad for me.
"Yeah, well I have to go to the twelfth ward all by myself and come back all by myself."
"I'll go with you." Ginshi said smiling.
"And leave me alone?" Saiko said angrily.
"I wasn't complaining. It's fine. I don't mind really."