03 | Be Careful

"I'm happy you decided to accept my invite" I look up at the lady and force a smile.

"Yeah well you did show up at the apartment and didn't give me a choice"

She sighs and shakes her head "Jisung, don't give me an attitude this early"

I sit back in my chair and stare at the woman that was my mom but I didn't consider her to be mine. Honestly, she was dead to me and didn't try to contact me or Felix since we left—until now.

"It's 1:00 pm, I think it's late enough"

"This isn't the way I raise you son" The word came off her tongue like venom, making me grimace.

"You didn't raise me so you can't tell me how I was raised" Her eyebrows shoot up in surprise. "Now why are you really here?"

She looks at me "I was hoping to speak with Felix and you at once"

I shrug "He's in class"

"Right, college" She nods and continues "Your brother's birthday—"

I roll my eyes "You want us to attend?"

"He is your brother just as much as Felix"

I scoff "By blood, maybe"

"He really wants you and Felix there" I look at her and sincerity in her eyes.

My eyes go to the street as we sat outside some cafe, a red car passes by and I thought for a second how if I was to walk across the street—it would hit me, and technically if it was to just drive away my blood would mix with the shade of the car and they would get away with it.

"Will you go?" I look at her again "You and Felix"

I inhale sharply and shrug "I'll ask Felix"

"This is for your father's sake, he would want all of us together again"

I freeze and felt my fist squeeze shut under the table "R-Right, I should go"

I pull my wallet out and put money on the table, ignoring her words and walking away from the cafe.

My father would want us together? I wasn't sure what he would have wanted now. He didn't like Felix and me around them but again maybe in the end, he did.

I felt a strong hand grip my wrist and pull me, making me slam against a strong body. I squeeze my eyes shut, coming back to reality.

"What the fuck?! You could have killed yourself!" I open my eyes to meet eyes with sharp brown ones, swallowing harshly as I notice how close we were. My hands are on his chest as he grips my wrist tightly.

I step back, his hand leaving my wrist. "You need to be more careful" He spoke a bit more gently but still sternly.

I look to the street and back to him while rubbing my wrist, realizing how crazy I look—almost walking into traffic. my eyes going to the expensive camera that hung from his neck and my eyes snap up to his curious face "Did you get hurt?"