28 | Keep Me Safe

"You almost killed him?!" Jeongin gasps, the information hitting him as he takes a small step back.

Everyone gathered in the room Minho and I shared, Minho had called Chan and I assumed Chan called the others because they were on here looking at me like I did kill Minho and I'd been caught.

"Jisung did you really do that?" Felix asked, confused.

"Everyone is missing the point," Minho said irritably, "It was a misunderstanding"

"Then why did you call?" Chan asks "Having a knife to your throat is a misunderstanding?"

"I thought you were going to give us up to him" I finally spoke up, looking at Chan specifically.

"Who are you talking about?" Felix asked but I still looked at Chan because he knew who I was talking about.

He cleared his throat, looking towards the others "I was hoping to get a full night's rest and have this conversation in the morning but it seems we will have to have it now" He announced, "We came to Vegas because Carson is having his event—"

"What?!" Felix spoke loudly, "You shouldn't have brought us here"

"But we need you," Chan says, I furrow my brows and look to Minho who also looks confused. "You two will be attending beside us"

I stood up and began to feel trapped "What? No!" I argued, "We will not be walking into that place!"

Chan looks at me "What is the difference between you two going to his birthday party and alone at that?" He asks, "That was way more dangerous and risky"

I swallow harshly "Because he likes to keep his image clean," I said lowly, making Chan squint at me.

"What does that have to do with anything?" Changbin asks.

I looked at him and I noticed everyone waiting for me to speak again, making me sit back down "Nothing" I mumbled.

Chan hums "I think you are a lot smarter than you let on Jisung"

"Guys, just back off," Minho says, trying to protect me.

"And you wonder why he had a knife to your throat," Changbin said harshly "What do you know about him?"

"And I'll have a knife to yours if you keep coming at my brother like that" Felix spat.

"Felix stop," I said, "It's fine" I looked at Chan, "I don't know anything that you wouldn't" I admitted. I knew that they knew a lot about Carson, things they don't talk to us about. I knew they didn't work normal jobs and just happened to kidnap us for a reason I still don't know of. I couldn't possibly know more than them.

"How can we trust you?" Seungmin spoke up.

"I wouldn't lie, I have no reason to"

"Everyone wants a clean image Jisung," Chan said "Why did you feel safe to go to his birthday party?"

I inhale sharply and shrug "It was on a boat" They looked confused and continued "It was an open place, open for anyone to see"

"And so you trusted him because of that?" Minho asks and I shake my head.

"I will never trust him" I clarified, "I just knew he wouldn't do anything that anyone could see. I knew he wouldn't have invited people who didn't have a good image because it would reflect onto him"

"You knew he wouldn't have tried anything because he wouldn't risk it?" Chan asked and I looked at him and nodded. Chan smiles softly "You know a lot more than you like to admit"