27 | Trust

I grab the phone from the nightstand, looking at the date and shaking my head. I knew what today was, I knew why we were here.

I hurriedly walk to the tray of our room service from earlier and grab the clean knife, hands shaky but I couldn't just sit here and wait for him to wake up. That would be suicide.

I inhale sharply and walk to Minho as he sleeps, climbing onto him. Straddling his waist, he stirred in his sleep and he opened his tired eyes up slowly. A small smirk plays on his face as he run his hand's up my thighs.

"You look beautiful on top of me" His voice was deep from tiredness. My eyes watered and he seemed to notice, furrowing his brows "What's wrong?"

He goes to sit up but I put the knife to his throat "Don't" I threaten. I watched all the color drain from his face as he swallowed harshly "I-I trusted you" The tears fell and I didn't care to wipe them away because I was mad and so hurt.

"Jisung" He called and I shook my head.

"I know why you brought us here, I know what you're going to do and I—I can't let you... I won't let you hurt him" I press the knife more.

"What?! I don't know what you're talking about" His voice was frantic "Just put this down and we can talk" His voice became gentle, grabbing my wrist. "Let's do that yeah?" I looked at the knife and I fought against it in my head. He was quicker than my thoughts, grabbing the knife and throwing it somewhere far in the room.

Before I could act on anything he grabbed me and flipped up over, holding my arms above my head tightly and I struggled to get loose "Don't hurt us" I cried as I squeezed my eyes shut.

Minho's grip loosened and before I knew it, he was gone. I opened my eyes and Minho looked at me confused, I saw the evident hurt in his eyes.

"I would never hurt you" His voice was soft "I don't even know what you talking about"

I sit up and scoot away from where he stands at the edge of the bed. Pulling my knees to my chest "I know why we're here, I know you're going to give up to him" I started "He will hurt us" I spoke softly "He will make us pay for it"

"Who?"

"Carson. Isn't that why we're here? He is here for his event thing he does, I know that because I kept track of it through the years—I always kept track of him" I wipe my tears roughly "I won't let you hurt Felix" My voice is sharp.

He shook his head and sat down, going to touch me but I flinched, making him pull back. "I'm not going to hurt you or Felix, none of us are"

I furrow my brows "He wants us"

"Why?" Minho asks "He had the opportunity multiple times"

I look down "When we were younger he had us play this game" I spoke softly "He likes games" I look at Minho "He doesn't like it when things come easy"

"I thought he forgave you two?"

"He says that" I shrug "I don't trust him"

Minho sighed and looked away, running his finger through his hair "We are here for Carson, his event" He looked back to me "He has some paperwork we need, and that's why we're here"

"For paperwork?" I felt pathetic, I caused this whole scene because I was paranoid. My whole fucking life I've been paranoid that I never know who has good intentions and who doesn't. I look down "I'm sorry I-I thought"

"Hey" I felt his hand on my knee and I looked at him "I'm sorry, I should've told you that at least. I should have made you aware"

I grab his hand and hold it tightly "I almost hurt you" I whisper "I could've hurt you"

"But you didn't" He reassured me, pulling my hand and making me scoot closer to him. I get on his lap and wrap my arms around his neck. My face in the nape of his neck, "And I'll never hurt you, nobody will" I pull away and look at him.

The hurt lingered in his eyes and it lingered in mine. I knew we both said we trusted one another but there was a part of us that didn't. The fear of the lies and the betrayal that could come.

Even through all of that hesitation we still kept going. Recklessly and with a smile on our faces—not caring about the consequences because right now it felt amazing. Being in each other's arms—just in the other's presence.

That's why we risked it. The unknown pain. I knew I would never purposely hurt him and he knew the same about me, but if it came down to it I think we both knew how it would end.

I feel like I haven't updated for this book in a while and I now realized how fun it is