48 | At What Cost?

Left my past life on the ground
Think I'm more alive, somehow

It's been a few days since we got back from the trip and I'm noticing a common theme happening with me. I can't sleep.

I do sleep but after I overthink and go over everything small detail that's not good in my life at the moment and all the ways I could fix it. One of them I was stuck on every night because I had no idea how to mend it. That was Felix and I.

Things were better, but they weren't the same and I feared they never would be until now. Finally, I sit up in bed as it hits me. Maybe the only way to fix it was to go back to the beginning, to fix what started all of this.

I get out of bed, grab my phone from the nightstand, and walk out of the room and into the empty hallway. My shaky hands dial up a familiar number, not saved but remembered.

I'm doing this for Felix. Anything for my brother.

I reminded myself that this wasn't about me anymore, it never was as the phone rang against my ear, awaiting the line to be picked up until it was.

"Hello?" The voice was hoarse, remembering it was in fact the middle of the night.

"We will meet up somewhere and we can talk," I say lowly.

"Jisung? Is that you?" Carson asks.

"Tomorrow, it won't be hard to convince Felix. I'll text you a place and time" I tell him.

"Okay" He accepts, "I'll let Mom know in the morning... thank you for hearing me out"

I shake my head even though he couldn't see me "I'm not doing this for you or her" I admit to him before hanging up.

Truth was I knew it wouldn't be hard to convince Felix, it would be hard to convince Minho.

"Was I not supposed to hear that?" My head snaps to Jeongin who walks up the stairs, "Because I did"

I swallow harshly and walk to him "You can't—"

"Tell Minho?" He finishes, "Do I add this to the list?"

"I'm serious Jeongin" I plead, "He will hate this idea"

"Possibly for a good reason, since I assume it was Carson you were talking to"

I sigh, "Yeah, it was but I'm willing to forgive whatever happened in the past to save mine and Felix's relationship, he's my brother"

"Technically, they are both your brothers" The male smiles and I roll my eyes.

"Don't tell Minho"

Jeongin hums before saying "What's in it for me?"

"Jeongin"

The male laughs, not caring how loud he is as he walks to his room door "Only kidding" he says loudly, leaving into his room and me in the dark hallways.

I walk to Felix and Hyunjin who sit outside on the deck, "Hey" I smile at the two, sitting down on the spot in front of them "I've been meaning to talk to you"

Hyunjin looked at us "I'll be inside"

I shake my head "Actually I wanted to talk to both of you"

Felix furrows his brows "I would be lying if I said I wasn't curious"

I let out a nervous chuckle "Well to start, when Minho and I went into the city after... you know, we ran into Carson"

Felix's eyes widen "Where and why?"