09 | Such a Mystery

We only met each other just the other day
But you already got me feeling some type of way

"Felix told me the news" I look to Changbin, eyebrows pushed together in confusion.

"News?"

He chuckles and nods "You and Minho"

He didn't seem mad about it, even if he was I wouldn't be sure why. "Oh," I said as I leaned on the bar. Today wasn't that busy and my shift was over in a few minutes. "It's nothing" I shrug.

"Does Minho know that?"

"Why wouldn't he?" I ask, "He doesn't really seem like the Relationship type anyways"

"Your right, he's not"

For some reason that made me curious about why he said it like that. I leaned more onto the bar "Has he ever dated?"

Changbin smirks "Are you trying to make me spill the beans on my best friend?"

I shrug "Only if your open to it" I look away briefly "And Felix does seem to not be very fond of him"

"Right," He says and I look back at him like he's actually contemplating telling me all Minho's dirty secrets. "But they're not my stories to tell and Felix shouldn't be telling them either"

I cross my arms and glare at him "He's trying to protect me"

"And I try to protect him"

Like I once said, I and Changbin weren't friends—he was my boss that so happened to be with my little brother.

"Then I'll you this, Binnie," I said lowly "If you get my little brother into any danger, I'll be sure to do the same thing that had us running to this city in the first place" His face hardens and I force an innocent smile "Looks like my shift is over"

I lay on the bed, feeling his lips kiss up my naked chest. I sigh loudly and he looks up at me "Something wrong?"

"Your best friend is what's wrong"

Minho chuckles and hovers over me, "What did Changbin do now?" I look into his eyes and push him off of me before sitting up. I look around the hotel room and something I wasn't familiar with rose in my stomach. Feeling his hand on my shoulder, I look back at him and he looks at me confused.

"Why are you such a mystery?" I spoke softly and he looked more confused.

"Mystery?" He lets out a small chuckle "I'm just a photographer, I wasn't sure that was mysterious"

I look away and shake my head "Then why is my head telling me to run every time I'm with you?", my eyebrows furrow "But my body—" I felt his finger grab my chin to look at him "My body tells me to stay"

"And your heart?" He spoke softly "What is it saying now?"

I look down at his lips "It's telling me to kiss you"

He smiles and closes the gap between us, my head spinning from the way his lip intoxicates me. I was always sober but he made me feel drunk like I wasn't in the right headspace and I realize i'm starting to love this feeling. The feeling that maybe this wasn't a good idea. I knew nothing about him and he didn't know anything about me, that's what I liked.

I liked the idea that he didn't know my past and didn't try to get to know it. He didn't look at me like I was broken or waited for me to blow up like some ticking time bomb.

The way he touched me. His finger grazed my body like he was the first one to do so, and honestly, he's the first one that I've liked to touch me like this. To kiss my body and maybe in his head—claiming it.

I felt like I floating on a cloud that soon will drop me. Drop me from this high that I've never known before. I've seen in my brother's eyes when he practically begs me to stay away from this male but in these moments I couldn't care less.

In these moments all I thought about were his lips on me.

*Song rec - Meddle About by Chase Atlantic *

SPRING BREAK IS NEXT WEEK FOR ME AND IM SOOOOO EXCITED.

but on a serious note, where do you see this story heading?

i have major plot twists for this book and i want to see if i'm making some obvious or not obvious enough. i mean i did mention it was gonna be kinda confusing lmao.