Paladin Of The Highway

Y/N POV

Ruby looks at me.

Ruby: "What's the situation?"

The ground rumbles. We look down the street to see a Paladin chasing after Blake.

Ruby: "Never mind."

We rush after the Paladin. As we reach the highway Weiss sticks her rapier into the road. A layer of ice covers it. When near the Paladin trips over the ice falling off the highway. We dive after it arriving under the highway.

Ruby: "Let's take this thing down."

The Paladin stomps its way to us. Weiss creates another sheet of ice that Yang punches. Fog explodes covering the area. Lasers deploy scanning the area for us. I dispatch a small drone from Crescent Rose. I send it towards the Paladin making its lasers go after it.

Paladin: "There you are."

Y/N: "It's distracted. Go."

Ruby rushes in swinging Crescent Rose. The Paladin however catches her. Blake comes in bringing down her sword. It slices off the Paladin's left arm. It spins its top sending us away. It then fires missiles at us.

Y/N: "Take cover!"

I deploy our shield. Blake leaps out of the way while Weiss shields herself with a glyph. Meanwhile Yang ignites her hair displaying a wide smile. She catches a missile. It scoots her back. She however stops before hitting a pillar. She turns the missile around sending it right back at the Paladin. It's struck having a section of its armor blown apart. 

Paladin: "Miserable brat."

It runs towards Yang. It brings down its fist only to be caught. Yang smiles. She's then kicked getting sent through the pillar behind her. She keeps going crashing through two more. As she picks herself up the Paladin deploys a blade walking to her. It then looms over her.

Y/N: "Fire me."

Ruby nods putting the Paladin in Crescent Rose's crosshairs. With a pull of the trigger a bullet is sent at the Paladin. It collides with its blade becoming embedded. The Paladin turns looking at her.

Paladin: "Was that your best shot?"

She smiles.

Y/N: "Time you went offline."

I hijack the Paladin tearing down its systems.

Paladin: "What the hell's going on? Why's everything shutting down!?!"

It attempts to skewer Yang. It however stops midway. Smoke is now emitted as alarms are heard. A small explosion erupts as the Paladin fully powers down. 

Paladin: "Stupid hunk of junk!!!"

The owner ejects revealing himself.

Ruby: "Roman."

Roman: "Gotta say red. Impressive bullet."

Ruby: "Time we stopped you."

Yang rushes at him. But he smirks as she sends out a blast from her gauntlet. It's blocked by a parasol. A small two hair colored girl then reveals herself.

Roman: "It's been a pleasure kiddies. But this' where I make my exit. Neo."

She bows. Yang fires another blast. They however shatter like glass disappearing. A bullhead then flies overhead. Looking closely we see Roman smiling out the window.

Yang: "Guess he has a partner now."

Blake: "She's gonna prove to be a problem."

Weiss: "I guess you could say she'll... shatter our plans.

We groan walking away.

Weiss: "What?"

Yang: "There's a time and place for jokes."

Y/N: "Says the pot to the kettle."

She looks at me with narrowed eyes.

Yang: "Shut up."