What's Eating You

Y/N POV

I look to see a woman with scarlet red hair. She lays a bouquet of flowers at the foot of the statue.

Y/N: "Not quite."

She stands beside me.

Woman: "Then what brings you here?"

Y/N: "Don't know. Just needed a place to think I suppose."

Woman: "Be careful. Thinking can be dangerous. You can get lost in your own head."

Y/N: "So why're you here?"

Woman: "Just visiting."

We stand in silence.

Woman: "What's eating you?"

Y/N: "What makes you think something's eating me?"

Woman: "Nobody thinks just for the hell of it. Often times they're doing it because they're searching for answers to their problems. You got problems?"

Y/N: "You could say that."

Woman: "What are they?"

Y/N: "Family and the future."

Woman: "Two of the most stressful things in the world. What about them got you thinking?"

Y/N: "Turns out my father wasn't the best of people. He tried to kill me when I outlived my usefulness. We fought and I absorbed his consciousness."

Woman: "Yikes. And the future?"

Y/N: "He's breaking free and slowly taking over my body. When it's all done I'll disappear forever, leaving my father to control my body."

Woman: "Sounds like you've got a lot to think about."

Y/N: "Yeah."

Woman: "How do you feel?"

Y/N: "Scared. No, terrified. I lived all this time not knowing his existed. Now he's hijacking my body and booting me into the void. On top of that he made me the key to a weapon that changes the world's power. That puts me in the crosshairs of every baddie that wants the weapon."

Woman: "You tell anybody you're dying?"

Y/N: "No."

Woman: "Why not?"

Y/N: "It's my business and my business alone. My friends don't need to worry about my looming end."

Woman: "They have a right to know."

Y/N: "Maybe. But it's just not the right move."

Woman: "What's that mean?"

Y/N: "The villains are looking for me. They'll stop at nothing to get me. This already has everyone on edge. If I tell them my sociopathic father is killing me then that'll disrupt their attention even further. Making them more prone to making mistakes. And making it easier for the villains to take them down."

I look down.

Y/N: "I already lost the woman I love. I refuse to lose anyone else."

She puts her hand on my back.

Woman: "You need to have more faith in your friends. Granted the truth can make life harder. But it can also bring people together and make them stronger then they ever were before. I vote you should tell them the truth. If you don't and die, you'll hurt them far worse then any villain ever can."

I remain silent taking in her words. I hear a ring. I look up seeing a call from Ruby.

Ruby: "Where are you?"

Y/N: "In town. Why?"

Ruby: "Jaune may have a plan on how to get to Atlas. Come back to the house so we can fill you in."

Y/N: "On my way now."

I hang up.

Y/N: "Thanks for listening to me lady. It really-"

I look only to not find her anywhere.

Y/N: "Helped."

I look around for her. An elderly woman appears.

Y/N: "Did you see a woman here? She had red hair."

Woman: "Only person I saw here was you."

I look forward. Shaking my head I make my way back to the others to hear Jaune's plan.