You're Special

Y/N POV

I groan growing tired of being denied the truth.

Y/N: "Just tell me Ozpin. What happened that caused my original memory banks to become corrupted?"

Ozpin: "I will tell you, in due time. For right now I need you to just be prepared."

Y/N: "For what?"

Ozpin: "You possess knowledge that could tilt the world's power. When people catch wind of you, they'll stop at nothing to know what you know. When that day comes, you better be ready."

I take my leave joining Ruby.

3rd POV

Y/N leaves the office making Glynda look at Ozpin.

Glynda: "How much longer must we keep him in the dark?"

Ozpin: "Not much longer."

Glynda: "The clock's already running. We need him on our side. Before it's too late."

Ozpin: "I know. But you must understand. He's not ready to know the truth. His mind's still recovering. If we thrust the truth onto him now there's a massive risk it'll snap and we'll lose him forever. If this' to work then everything must be perfect."

Glynda: "She's already on the move. Won't be long before she goes after him."

She looks at a picture of a cloaked figure. 

Ozpin: "I know. But don't worry. I have everything under control. I just need a little more time."

Glynda: "I'm starting to think we're already out of it."

Y/N POV

Later that day I follow the others to the auditorium. There we're greeted by Ozpin.

Ozpin: "Today we all stand united. All four kingdoms together in one room. Eighty years ago today the greatest war known to Remnant was waged. It was a war of oppression. The art of self expressionism was being threatened. To combat this oppression parents started naming their kids after art's greatest aspect, color. This tradition carries on to this very day. As stated we stand united. But this unity cannot exist without effort. Therefore while the world is celebrating peace you will be out there upholding that peace. Some of you will be taken outside the kingdom a couple days. The rest might stay within the kingdom walls for the entire week. While you're out there remember, stay alert, use your training and do your very best."

We're dismissed to the mission boards. 

Weiss: "So many options."

Yang: "Which to choose?"

Ruby: "How about that one?"

Blake: "Recovery?"

Y/N: "Sounds simple. I vote we take it."

Ruby: "Then take it we shall."

She types in our name. Getting accepted we hop aboard a bullhead that swiftly arrives at our destination. Hopping out the bullhead we find ourselves in a forest.

Ruby: "Alright team. Mission says some local monks lost their treasured idol. Our job is to find and return it. Let's make this happen!!!"

We split up with Ruby and I sticking together. We search for the precious idol. But the whole time not a single word is said. Until now.

Ruby: "You okay Y/N? You're being unusually quiet."

Y/N: "I'm fine. No need to worry."

Ruby: "Come on Y/N. I've known you since I was eight. I can tell when something's bothering you. So what is it?"

I sigh.

Y/N: "Just have a lot on my plate right now."

Ruby: "Like what?"

I contemplate, should I tell her? I steel myself.

Y/N: "I found out something... interesting to say the least earlier today."

Ruby: "What is it you found out?"