The CCT

Y/N POV

A couple days later we all gear up for our secret mission. Ruby hops off her bed walking to us.

Ruby: "Just so there's no accidents. Let's go over the plan one more time."

Weiss: "You, Y/N and I will go to the CCT. There I see what I can gather about any other other dust related incidents."

Blake: "I head to a local White Fang rally. It's there they pass out orders and hire new recruits."

Yang: "All the while I talk to my informant on the other side of Vale. He typically knows everything that happens in Vale."

Ruby looks at me.

Ruby: "And how's the coverup coming?"

I put on the finishing touches.

Y/N: "Campus footage loop finished. Now Ozpin won't know we left."

Ruby: "Good. Now let's make this happen team!"

We exit our dorm heading to our specific locations. When we arrive Ruby marvels at the sight.

Ruby: "I keep forgetting how massive the building is when up this close."

Weiss: "Wait till you see the one in Atlas."

Ruby: "That was the first one right?"

Weiss: "Yep. It was Atlas' gift to the world after the war."

Ruby: *mockingly* "Look I'm Weiss. I'm smart and know stuff."

Weiss: "Oh be quiet."

She looks up at the building.

Weiss: "Alright I'm going in. Try to not get into trouble."

She enters the CCT. 

Ruby: "I gotta get a picture while I'm this close."

She pulls her scroll out of her pocket. But it slips out of her hand skidding across the floor. She chases after it.

Voice: "You dropped thi-"

Ruby: "Penny!"

Penny: "Ruby!"

They hug each other tightly.

Ruby: "Where've you been?"

Penny: "Around."

Ruby: "So what brings you back into Vale?"

Penny: "I wanted some fresh air. What about you?"

Ruby: "The same I suppose."

Y/N: "Since we're together, why don't we all take a walk?"

Penny: "That sounds lovely."

We walk down the streets of Vale.

Ruby: "So where'd you get off to after that night at the docks?"

Penny: "I'm not really allowed too far from home. See my father's very protective over me."

Ruby: "Yeah. So's mine."

Penny: "So when he found out I left he ordered me back home immediately."

Ruby: "I see. I just thought something bad happened to you."

Penny: "Sorry for worrying you."

One of my systems goes off. I look to see a truck barreling its way to us.

Y/N: "Look out!!"

I shove them to safety. I then watch as the truck comes closer. But to my shock Penny reappears holding out her hands. They make contact with the truck making it come to a dead stop. Onlookers gather aiming their scrolls.

Ruby: "Penny?"

She covers her hands running away. We chase after her cornering her into an alley.

Penny: "Please Ruby. Stay back."

Ruby: "Easy Penny. I'm not gonna hurt you. I only wanna know what that was."

Penny: "It was nothing."

She hiccups.

Ruby: "I'm your friend Penny. I won't judge you."

She contemplates. She then shows her palms revealing metal.

Ruby: "You're... a robot?"

Y/N: "Technically she's an android."

She looks at me.

Ruby: "You knew?"

Y/N: "Yeah."

Ruby: "You didn't think to tell me?"

Y/N: "Kinda thought it was obvious. What with her magically getting ahead us the day we met."

Ruby: "Glossing over that. How on earth did you come to be?"

Penny: "Most girls are born. I wasn't, I was made. I'm the world's first synthetic person capable of generating an aura. I'm not real."

Ruby: "That's not true."

She looks at Ruby.

Penny: "What do you mean?"

Ruby: "Look at Y/N. He's roughly like you. A machine true. But he shows more emotion than some simple machine."

She holds Penny's hands.

Ruby: "You may have gears instead of guts. But you've got a soul. I can feel it. You're more than a bucket of bolts. You're as real as any other girl on this planet."

Penny smiles. But a ding comes through.

Y/N: "Hello?"

Blake: "I've got a major problem!"