Hostile Takeover

Y/N POV

I watch the bullhead fly away. Switching cameras I see it heading north. I jump to a camp that's that way. The bullhead flies overhead. Switching cameras again I see the bullhead disappear over the mountain. I unplug my jack.

Y/N: "So you've been hiding here all this time."

I turn walking out of the building. Once more getting on the bullhead I steer it to the camp. I then look at the timer.

Y/N: "One hour. Nearly there. Just hang in there a little longer body."

Finally I arrive at the camp. Going over the mountain a cave comes into view. Landing the bullhead I head into the cave. Through several twists and turns I slowly make my way to the center. 

Voice: "You finally made it."

I look seeing her.

Y/N: "Salem."

She smiles.

Salem: "I must say Y/N. It's an honor to have you here."

I walk standing before her.

Y/N: "Where's the pillar?"

She points. I follow it. The pillar is put on full display.

Y/N: "It's rebuilt."

Salem: "Yep. Took awhile. But it's done. All that remains is to bring it online."

Y/N: "Why do you want to use the pillar?"

Salem: "I was cursed with a prolonged life. But I'm nearing the end."

She looks at the pillar.

Salem: "I did so many bad things. Enough to earn a one way ticket to hell. So to avoid damnation I plan to use the pillar to escape my punishment."

She looks at me smiling.

Salem: "Can I count on your help?"

Y/N: "No. The pillar is a dangerous device that should've never been built. Which is why I'm gonna destroy it. Once and for all."

Salem: "I had a feeling you'd say that. Which is why I'm thankful I had a contingency plan."

My eye begins bugging out. I clutch my head as my body goes haywire.

Y/N: "What're you doing to me?"

Salem: "You remember a man named Tyrian? Injected you with a liquid?"

I look at her.

Salem: "That liquid was a special formula that I cooked up. It's purpose was to help speed up your father's takeover. Now it seems it's finished."

I look to the ceiling as the world goes black.

3rd POV

Y/N relaxes. Turning to Salem we see his eyes are now red.

Harlow: "God it feels good to finally be in control."

Salem begins coughing. She injects herself with a liquid ceasing her coughing.

Salem: "Enough wasting time. Fire up the pillar."

She lays on a table as Y/N types on a keyboard. He then straps a helmet to her.

Harlow: "This' gonna hurt."

Salem: "Just do it."

He once more begins typing. When it's done he jacks in his cable.

Harlow: "Enjoy complete control."

Lightning surges through his cable into the monitor. Salem screams as her consciousness is pulled out of her body. The cable hooked to the helmet glows traveling into a server. Slowly four lights come on. When the last one does Salem's body slumps as silence fills the area.

Harlow: "You dead yet?"

Monitor: *Salem's voice* "No. I had no idea that this kinda power would feel so good."

Harlow: "What now?"

Salem: "Use this new power to mold the perfect world."

Salem spreads her consciousness around the world. Going to the surface we hear sirens wail. Machines go crazy destroying everything around them. At Atlas Academy we see the heroes staring at the chaos unfolding before them.

Yang: "What the heck's going on?"

Ruby: "I don't know."

Nora: "This' just like that one movie where every machine gained consciousness and revolted against the humans. Therefore to stop this we just gotta destroy the alien ship."

Her head is smacked.

Ren: "This ain't the movies. We've gotta stop this and fast. Before everything's destroyed."

Ruby: "Then let's spread out. Take a section and clear it out."

They nod.