Chapter 41

September 2018

September 2018

"Sweetheart?"

I smiled and put away the last plate from the dishwasher. I walked out of the kitchen and saw Bucky, shirtless and covered in sweat.

"Hey. How was your workout?"

"It was fine. Tony had me spare with Peter." He gave me a cheeky grin.

"Did you hurt him?"

He bit back a smile and shook his head no. I narrowed my eyes at him and reached out to pinch his nipple but he caught my wrist before I could. He pulled me into his chest, wrapping his arms around my waist.

"The kid is fine. I didn't rough him up too much."

"Good." I kissed his cheek. "Now go take a shower, you stink."

He chuckled. "Yes ma'am."

I pulled away from his embrace and watched him walk down the hallway towards our bedroom. I heard the elevator door open behind me and before I could fully turn around I was tackled into a hug. I grunted at the impact. I caught my balance and saw a messy bun in my line of vision and quickly realized it was my favorite witch.

I squealed and wrapped my arms around her. "You're back!"

Wanda had been away the past week with Steve for a mission. I was so excited she was back. Although I was close with everyone on the team, Wanda was easily the one I considered my best friend. She was so much fun to be around and I could talk to her about anything. But I won't make the mistake of calling her my best friend out loud. The last time someone did, Steve was around and he didn't take it well. He threw a temper tantrum and didn't talk to me for two days. Once he finally did, I had to pinky promise him that nobody would ever take his place as my best friend. I don't know whether to make fun of him for that or love him even more.

Wanda let go of the hug when we heard someone else come into the room.

"I can't believe you tripped me so you could get to her first!" Steve pointed at Wanda, sending her an evil glare.

"He's such a baby." She whispered to me.

I chuckled and ran to Steve to give him a hug. "I missed you Stevie." He bent down and kissed the top of my head.

"I missed you too. Where's Buck?"

"Shower. He just got back from training."

Steve talked with Wanda and I until Bucky was done with the shower. Since the guys were going out for lunch, Natasha joined us and we spent the rest of the afternoon curled up on the couch eating pizza and watching rom coms.

"So I talked to Tony and he was able to get us into that new club that just opened up." Natasha said from the couch adjacent to the one Wanda and I were sitting on. "You guys want to go tonight?"