Chapter 61

April 2019 - Bucky's POV

Madripoor is well known for its large criminal underworld. This place is a diplomatic safe haven for criminals so it made sense why Sharon and Liam would come here. It's divided into two regions, crime-ridden Lowtown and wealthy Hightown where the residents don't care what your morality is, the only thing that matters is you have money.

Liam was part owner of the nightclub we were going to. As we walked through Lowtown, the guys and I made sure to stay close to Natasha since every pair of eyes were on her. The streets were crowded with people and there was illegal activity at every corner. We walked into Brass Monkey and went straight to the bar. Steve had Nat curled into his side and it made me miss Riley more than I already did. I ordered a bourbon and looked around the place, scoping out all the shady people that were there. I noticed that most of the men had guns. To the human eye, you wouldn't be able to see it but since I was trained to notice every single detail about a situation, I could tell. I counted a total of twenty men who had a gun while everyone else was a regular civilian.

"Do you see him?"

I shook my head and whispered to them everything that I've noticed so far. The four of us started talking about random things while I kept my eyes out for Liam. Steve furrowed his brows and nodded toward something behind me. I felt a tap on my back so I looked over my shoulder and saw a blonde woman smiling at me seductively. I sighed and turned around, giving her a blank expression.

"Hi. I'm Veronica."

She placed her hand on my forearm and I looked down at it then back at her face. The woman's outfit barely covered her body and her breasts were practically falling out of her top. I wanted her far away from me.

"I'm not interested."

"Why not? You have a girl or something? I won't tell if you won't." The blonde bit her lip and leaned closer to me.

I rolled my eyes and yanked my arm from her. I looked at Natasha and she stepped forward and whispered something in the woman's ear. The blonde's eyes widened before she scoffed and stormed away. Steve nudged my arm with a smile on his face.

"She's lucky Riley wasn't here."

I chuckled. My wife may be a sweet and tiny little thing but she's feisty when she needs to be. Three more women approached me after that. I was starting to feel uncomfortable and it didn't help that Sam was making jokes about it. I took another look around the room while I tried my best to ignore him. I noticed a few men huddled at one of the doors near the back and that's when I spotted Liam.

"He's here. The door in the back left corner."

Steve and Natasha glanced in that direction and we watched Liam talk to the men then leave through the door. Nat looked at her phone and said he was still in the building so it must be an office.