Chapter 65

April 2019

April 2019

"WATERLOO! COULDN'T ESCAPE IF I WANTED TO! WATERLOO! KNOWING MY FATE IS TO BE WITH YOU!"

"Will you two please shut the fuck up?"

Steve and I stopped singing and bursted out laughing when we saw my husband holding pillows over his ears. When Bucky and I got back to the compound this morning, we immediately went to Steve's floor. I wanted the three of us to spend time together before we gave him the cake. The day had been filled with playing board games and watching Mamma Mia, the first movie and the second. Steve and I knew every word to the songs which is why we were standing on the couch singing Waterloo as loud as we could.

I rolled my eyes. "Stop acting like you don't like the movie B."

"If I remember correctly, I saw you mouthing the words to Super Trouper." Steve smirked.

Bucky's mouth fell open and his cheeks turned pink. Steve and I jumped off the couch and sat down beside him.

"You can tell us, baby." I smiled innocently and kissed Bucky's cheek.

He groaned and mumbled curse words at us. "Fine. I like the movies but do not tell anyone. I have a rep to protect."

I gave a mock salute. "You got it, my big bad super soldier."

Bucky scrunched his nose at me and pulled me onto his lap, nuzzling his face into my neck. Steve made a gagging sound and grabbed the remote to pause the movie.

"I think it's time for cake."

I grinned and nodded, moving off of Bucky's lap to follow Steve into the kitchen but the arm around my waist tightened. I looked down at my husband and he had a grin on his face.

"You ready?"

"I am." I pecked his lips and we went into the kitchen.

Steve already had plates and silverware out and was sitting patiently at the island, waiting on us. I giggled and shook my head, sometimes I think Steve is worse than me when it comes to sweets. I placed the pink box right in front of my best friend.

"You know how much you mean to us, right Stevie?"

He furrowed his brows and nodded. "Of course."

"You're not just a best friend but our family. Thank you for not only bringing me here but for everything you've done for me since we were kids."

I could see the tears forming in his eyes as he looked between me and Bucky. "What's going on guys?"

I pointed to the box. "Have a piece of cake."

Steve gave me a questioning look but shrugged and opened the box. His eyes widened when he read the words that were written on the cake out loud. Bucky wrapped his arms around my waist, kissing my temple and waited for Steve to react. He stared at the cake for a few moments before he finally looked at me, his eyes moved down to Bucky's hands that were resting on my stomach then back at me.