Chapter 52

March 2019

March 2019

Our weekend unfortunately came to an end and we were now back at the compound. As soon as we stepped foot in the door, Bucky turned back into an overprotective husband and set up a meeting with Tony and Steve. He was eager to find out if they learned anything new on Liam. Wanda and Nat came by for lunch, wanting to know how the weekend went. Afterwards, I decided to take a shower and a much needed nap. I woke up sometime later and felt someone softly running their fingers across my back. My eyes fluttered open and I looked up and was met with blue eyes.

"Hi." I whispered.

"Hi sweet girl. Did I wake you up?"

I shook my head and moved closer to Bucky, wrapping my arms around his waist.

"Tony said Liam was still in DC. They gave him another assignment so we had more time to figure him out."

I sighed. "Okay."

Bucky placed his hand under my chin and lifted it so I could look at him. "I won't let him touch you. I promise."

I nodded. "I know."

He bent down and gave me a sweet kiss.

"It's just a mean thing to lie about. He used my emotions against me."

"I'm sorry sweetheart." Bucky moved a piece of my hair, placing it behind my ear. "I know something that might cheer you up."

"If it doesn't involve peanut M&Ms, don't even bother telling me."

Bucky laughed. "There's a bag waiting for you in the kitchen."

I sat up quickly. "Wait really?"

Bucky nodded and sat up too with a grin on his face. I got out of bed, running out of the bedroom and into the kitchen. It felt like I made actual heart eyes when I saw the bag sitting on the island. Bucky walked in behind me and wrapped his arms around my waist. I sighed happily and leaned back into his embrace.

"You're a good man Bucky Barnes."

He nuzzled his face into my neck and chuckled. "I just like seeing that smile on your face."

I turned around and wrapped my arms around his neck. I got on my tippy toes and placed my forehead against his. "Being around you is enough to do that."

"So cheesy."

I giggled and kissed his lips. Bucky's arms wrapped around my waist, pulling me close to him. I melted into him as the kiss became more heated. I felt his hand slide down my back to my ass and I moaned into his mouth when he squeezed it. Before we could take things further, we heard someone clear their throat. Bucky and I pulled away from the kiss and turned our heads to see Steve standing with his arms crossed and a smirk on his face.

"Is it your mission in life to be a cock block?" Bucky glared at him.

Steve laughed and shrugged. "I just happen to show up at the right time."