Chapter 48

October 2018

October 2018

As the days went on Bucky and I spent time exploring, relaxing on the beach, and trying as much food as we possibly could. We also went snorkeling in the ocean, cliff diving, and hiking throughout the island. Our nights were spent tangled in each other's arms.

We only had one more week and I was not ready to leave this place. Part of me wanted us to stay and not go back. I thought our life could be alot easier if we stayed far away from New York and potential threats that were always hovering over the Avengers. But as soon as I start thinking that way, I immediately get consumed with guilt. Steve not only brought me here for Bucky but for himself. I couldn't leave him and I know if I asked him to join us, he would say no. I also have to think about everyone else, Wanda, Natasha, Tony, the entire team. I let out a breath and looked out the window, a smile coming to my face when I saw Bucky asleep on the daybed. He must have dozed off while I was in the shower. I walked back into the bathroom, placing my towel on the towel bar and throwing one of Bucky's t-shirts on.

I stepped out of the house and crawled onto the bed to cuddle with him. As soon as I laid down, he rolled over onto his side and nuzzled his face into my neck. I chuckled and kissed his forehead, running my hands up and down his bare back. I looked out towards the ocean and washed as the waves came crashing down. My moment of peace was ruined when my stomach growled.

"Come on sleepyhead. You need to get up."

He mumbled incoherent words, shaking his head no.

"Who knew riding jet skis and swimming would tire you out like this." I smirked, looking down at him.

"It wasn't that. It was all the times you seduced me on the boat." I felt him smile against my neck.

I bit my lip, smiling. Tony surprised us and rented a beautiful two deck yacht for the day that sailed around part of the island. Of course I couldn't go without teasing Bucky a bit. It started out subtle at first, innocently sliding my hand up his thigh or accidentally brushing my hand against his bulge. What really set him off was when he found me sunbathing on the deck without my bikini top on. He didn't even say anything to me, just glared at me then threw me over his shoulder and took me to the bedroom.

"Well I'm hungry B so let's get some food."

He smacked my ass. "Just five more minutes."

"No."

"Yes." He whispered, nipping at my neck.

"No."

"Yup."

"No." I glared down at him.

"No."

"Yes." I quickly said back but then looked at him confused. "Wait what?"

He laughed loudly and he rolled onto his back, pulling me with him. I was now laying on his stomach, looking down at him still a bit confused at what just happened.