Strength in Vulnerability 🌷🥀

Future AU

——————-

Kirishima had always been proud of his quirk, but as time went on, he realized that his body couldn't handle the constant strain. He had gained weight intentionally, to help support his hardening ability. But now, as he stood in the bathroom, staring at his reflection in the mirror, he couldn't help but feel insecure.

He had always been fit and muscular, but now he was soft around the edges, his once defined six-pack now replaced by a layer of fat. He knew it was necessary for his quirk, but that didn't stop the anxiety from creeping in.

As he walked out of the bathroom, he heard Bakugo's voice from the living room. They had been living together for a few years now, and Kirishima was grateful for the support and love his partner gave him. But right now, he didn't feel like he deserved it.

He tried to ignore the tightness in his chest, but it only got worse as he approached the living room. Bakugo was sitting on the couch, scrolling through his phone, but he looked up when he saw Kirishima enter.

"Hey, you okay?" Bakugo asked, noticing the worried expression on Kirishima's face.

Kirishima tried to hide his panic, but it was too late. His breathing became shallow and he felt like he was suffocating.

Bakugo immediately stood up and walked over to him, placing his hands on Kirishima's shoulders. "Hey, look at me," he said firmly. "You're okay. Just breathe with me, okay?"

Kirishima focused on Bakugo's voice, trying to match his breathing. He felt a little better, but the anxiety was still there.

"What's going on?" Bakugo asked, concern etched on his face.

Kirishima hesitated, not sure if he wanted to share his insecurity. But then he remembered how supportive Bakugo had always been, and he knew he needed to be honest.

"I-I've gained weight," he stuttered. "For my quirk. But I feel so fat and gross."

Bakugo's expression softened. "Hey, that's not true. You're still beautiful to me, no matter what."

Kirishima felt tears prick at the corners of his eyes. "But what if I can't control my quirk anymore? What if I'm not strong enough?"

Bakugo cupped Kirishima's face in his hands, forcing him to look into his eyes. "You're strong enough, Ejirou. You always have been. And if you need help, I'll be here to support you. Always."

Kirishima felt a weight lift off his chest. He leaned into Bakugo's embrace, feeling safe and loved.

"Thank you," he whispered.

Bakugo hugged him tighter. "Anytime, Eijiro. I love you."

Kirishima smiled, feeling grateful for Bakugo's unwavering support. "I love you too, Katsuki."

Bakugo led Kirishima to the couch and sat down next to him, pulling him into a warm embrace. "Let's just chill out for a bit," he said, "We can eat some ice cream and watch a movie. How about Beauty and the Beast?"

Kirishima nodded, feeling grateful for the distraction. Bakugo got up and went to the kitchen, returning with a tub of ice cream and two spoons. They settled in on the couch, with Kirishima resting his head on Bakugo's shoulder, while they watched the movie.

As the story unfolded, Kirishima found himself relating to the Beast. He too felt like an outsider, someone who didn't belong. But as he watched Belle see past the Beast's exterior to the kind and caring person he was inside, Kirishima felt a sense of hope.

Bakugo noticed the tears streaming down Kirishima's face and pulled him closer. "Hey, it's okay," he murmured. "You're not alone. You're loved, and you're beautiful just the way you are."

Kirishima sniffled and wiped his eyes, feeling grateful for Bakugo's support. "Thank you," he said softly.

Bakugo kissed the top of his head. "Anytime, Eijiro. I'm here for you, always."

They finished the movie, still cuddled up on the couch, with Kirishima feeling more at peace than he had in a long time. He knew he still had work to do, to come to terms with his body and his quirk, but with Bakugo by his side, he felt like he could conquer anything.

As they got ready for bed, Kirishima felt a sense of contentment wash over him. He snuggled up to Bakugo, feeling safe and loved. "I'm glad I have you," he murmured.

Bakugo wrapped his arms around him. "I'm glad I have you too, Eijiro. You're my everything."

They fell asleep, wrapped up in each other's arms, with the promise of a brighter future ahead.