Holding On 🥀🌷

Pro hero au

——————

It had been a few years since Bakugo and Kirishima became pro heroes, but Bakugo was still struggling to adjust to the demands of the job. He had always been a perfectionist, pushing himself to be the best, but the pressure of being a hero was taking its toll on him. He found himself constantly on edge, lashing out at others, and feeling like he was never doing enough.

Kirishima had noticed the change in his friend, but he didn't know how to approach the situation. He didn't want to make things worse by bringing up Bakugo's struggles, but he also knew that he couldn't ignore the signs of distress he was seeing.

One day, after a particularly rough mission, Bakugo came back to their shared apartment and collapsed on the couch, looking defeated. Kirishima sat down next to him, hesitating for a moment before speaking up.

"Hey, Bakugo... Are you okay?"

Bakugo let out a sigh and rubbed his face with his hands. "No, I'm not fucking okay. I don't know how to handle all of this shit. It's like no matter what I do, it's never enough."

Kirishima listened as Bakugo opened up about his struggles. He talked about the constant pressure he felt, the fear of failure, and the sense of isolation he was experiencing. Kirishima could see the pain in his friend's eyes, and it broke his heart.

"I'm sorry you're going through this, man," Kirishima said, placing a hand on Bakugo's shoulder. "But you don't have to go through it alone. I'm here for you, always."

Bakugo looked up at Kirishima, his eyes glistening with tears. "I don't know how to deal with this shit. I don't know how to ask for help."

"You don't have to have all the answers, Bakugo. It's okay to not be okay," Kirishima said, trying to reassure him.

They talked for hours, Kirishima listening and offering words of encouragement. He knew that it was going to be a long road for Bakugo to recover, but he was determined to be there for him every step of the way.

Days turned into weeks, and weeks turned into months. Bakugo's progress was slow, but he was making strides. Kirishima was there for him through it all, offering support and encouragement when he needed it most.

One day, after a particularly difficult therapy session, Bakugo came home feeling drained. Kirishima could tell that he was struggling, but he didn't want to push him too hard.

"I'm here for you, Bakugo," Kirishima said, placing a hand on his friend's shoulder. "Whatever you need, I'm here."

Bakugo looked up at him, his eyes softening. "Thank you, Kirishima. I don't know what I'd do without you."

Kirishima smiled, feeling a sense of warmth spread through him. "You don't have to do anything alone, Bakugo. We're in this together."

They sat there, in silence, Bakugo hesitated for a moment, his eyes flickering with uncertainty. But then he took a deep breath and began to speak.

"You know, Kirishima... I never really talked about this before, but... my parents, they were... they were abusive."

Kirishima's heart sank as he listened to Bakugo's words. He had always known that Bakugo's childhood had been difficult, but he had never realized how bad it had been.

"Bakugo, I'm so sorry," Kirishima said, his voice softening. "I had no idea."

Bakugo shrugged, a bitter smile on his face. "Yeah, well... I never really talked about it. I didn't want anyone to know."

Kirishima could see the pain etched into Bakugo's features, and he knew that it was going to be hard to hear. But he also knew that Bakugo needed to talk about it, to get it out in the open.

"You don't have to hide from me, Bakugo. I'm here for you, no matter what," Kirishima said, trying to reassure him.

Bakugo took a deep breath and began to speak, his words coming out in a rush. He talked about the constant fear he felt, the anger and frustration that he couldn't express, and the overwhelming sense of shame that he carried with him.

"It's like... I know it's not my fault, but... but I can't help feeling like it is. Like, if I had just been a better kid, they wouldn't have treated me like that," Bakugo said, his voice shaking.

Kirishima felt his heart break at the raw vulnerability in Bakugo's words. He reached out and took Bakugo's hand, squeezing it gently.

"Bakugo, you were a kid. You were just a kid. You didn't deserve to be treated like that, no matter what you did," Kirishima said, his voice firm.

They sat there, in silence, for a few moments, the weight of Bakugo's words hanging heavy in the air.

"But... why are you telling me this now, Bakugo? Why didn't you tell me before?" Kirishima asked, finally breaking the silence.

Bakugo looked up at him, his eyes filled with a mix of emotions. "I don't know... I guess... I guess I just felt like I couldn't. Like, if I told anyone, they would think less of me. They would see me as weak."

Kirishima shook his head, his eyes flashing with anger. "Bakugo, you're not weak. You're one of the strongest people I know. And if anyone ever tries to tell you otherwise, they'll have to go through me first."

Bakugo smiled, a small, genuine smile that warmed Kirishima's heart. "Thanks, Kirishima. I really appreciate that."

They sat there for a few more moments, the tension in the air slowly dissipating. Kirishima knew that there was still work to be done, that Bakugo still had a long road ahead of him. But he also knew that he was going to be there for him, every step of the way.

 But he also knew that he was going to be there for him, every step of the way