Struggles 🥀🌷

Pro hero AU

———————

Bakugo had been struggling with depression for a while now. As a pro hero, he felt like he had to constantly be strong and put on a brave face, but inside he was crumbling. He couldn't bring himself to do anything - not even take a shower.

Kirishima noticed his husband's struggles and decided to take matters into his own hands. "Hey, Katsuki," he said gently, "I've been thinking. Maybe we could shower together? It might help you feel better."

Bakugo looked up at him with a mix of surprise and confusion. "What the hell are you talking about, Eijiro?" he snapped.

Kirishima shrugged. "I dunno, just a thought. Being close to someone can help, right?"

Bakugo hesitated for a moment before finally nodding. "Fine," he grumbled. "But don't get any ideas."

Kirishima chuckled and led his husband to the bathroom. They undressed and stepped into the shower together, the warm water cascading over their bodies.

Bakugo stood with his back to Kirishima, his arms crossed over his chest. Kirishima could feel the tension radiating off of him. "Hey," he said softly, reaching out to place a hand on Bakugo's shoulder. "You don't have to be strong all the time, you know? It's okay to let yourself be vulnerable."

Bakugo scoffed. "You're one to talk," he muttered. "You're always so damn cheerful."

Kirishima grinned. "Yeah, but I'm not the one who's struggling right now. Let me help you."

He began to massage Bakugo's shoulders, working out the knots and tension in his muscles. Bakugo let out a small groan of relief, his head tilting forward slightly. "That feels...nice," he admitted.

Kirishima smiled and continued his ministrations, his hands sliding down Bakugo's back. He grabbed the soap and began to lather it up, carefully washing Bakugo's body. Bakugo didn't say anything, but Kirishima could feel him relaxing more and more with each passing moment.

Finally, Kirishima turned Bakugo around to face him. "Hey," he said softly, lifting Bakugo's chin so that their eyes met. "I love you, okay? No matter what."

Bakugo's eyes softened, and he leaned in to kiss Kirishima. "I love you too," he whispered. "Thank you."

They stood there for a few more minutes, just holding each other and enjoying the warmth of the shower. When they finally stepped out, Bakugo looked like a weight had been lifted off of his shoulders. "I feel...better," he said, a small smile playing at the corners of his lips.

Kirishima grinned. "Told you so," he said, wrapping his arms around Bakugo. "Now let's go kick some villain ass, yeah?"

Bakugo snorted. "Hell yeah," he said, and together they left the bathroom, ready to take on whatever challenges the world had in store for them.

 "Hell yeah," he said, and together they left the bathroom, ready to take on whatever challenges the world had in store for them