Your Hurt is My Pain 🌷

Highschool au

——————

It was the week before the U.A. Sports Festival Exams, and Kirishima and Bakugo were having a friendly spar in the arena. The two were evenly matched, each landing several hits on the other. But suddenly, Kirishima stumbled on a loose tile, and his ankle twisted underneath him.

In an instant, Bakugo was at his side, helping him up and brushing off the dust. Kirishima's ankle was throbbing, and he could barely put pressure on it. Bakugo suggested they stop their fight and go to the nurse's office to get it looked at, and Kirishima reluctantly agreed.

As they limped their way to the nurse's office, Bakugo kept a constant vigil over Kirishima, helping him along and easing the weight off his injured ankle. It wasn't until they were seated on the exam benches that Kirishima realized just how much Bakugo was caring for him. He felt a pang of guilt for putting his friend through this.

Katsuki had taken care of Ejirou over the next couple of days, he would help him out of his dorm and into the elevator and help him get to class safely. The red head sat out of hero training but the minuet Bakugo was done he would help Kirishima around the school.

When Kirishima was able to walk on his own again, the two were sitting in their dorm room going over the final touches of their exam strategies. It was then that Ejirou decided to take a chance and confess his feelings for Bakugo. He knew he couldn't keep hiding them forever, and with the tournament on the horizon, he felt a sense of urgency to tell him.

"Bakugo, I know this might not be the best time, but I need to tell you something...I think I'm in love with you."

There was a moment of silence before Bakugo finally spoke. "I know," he said, a soft smile spreading across his face. "I've known for a while now. I just didn't want to push you."

Kirishima felt a rush of emotions, his heart swelling with joy and relief, the anxiety that had built up disappeared immediately. He had been so worried about putting Bakugo in an uncomfortable situation, but now that their feelings were out in the open, he felt like he could breathe again.

"I'm sorry if I've been a burden on you," he said, reaching out to take Katsuki's hand. "You've taken such good care of me, and I appreciate it more than I can say."

Bakugo chuckled, a warm, genuine laugh. "Your pain is my pain, Kiri," he said, leaning in to Kirishima and wrapping a protective arm around him. "I would do anything for you, you know that."

Kirishima felt tears prick at his eyes, overcome with emotion. When they had first started training together at UA, he had always seen Bakugou as just another rival, someone he had to outmatch. Over time, however, their relationship had grown into something more than that. They had become each other's confidants, partners, and friends. And now, with Bakugo's confession, Kirishima knew that their relationship had reached a whole new level.

As they sat there in each other's embrace, Kirishima found himself feeling a sense of peace and contentment he had never experienced before. He knew that with Bakugo by his side, he could face anything that life threw at him. He was finally home.

 He was finally home