Chapter 22

You both got back on the jade chamber as ningguang didn't say a single word while you were walking back to the jade chamber which made you knew that it is serious since you did make quite a scene with one of the fatui harbinger not to mention in public.

She then look at you as she beckoned you to follow her and you did. You went to her room as she still didn't say anything but then she turn around to lock her door before turning to face you.

She then went to approach you so sudden as you took a step back as she lean her hand up and immediately close your eyes expecting her to slap you but nothing came and instead you felt her hand caress your face as you open your eyes and saw the worried expression on her face while she check if you have bruise or cuts in you.

She sigh in relief when she saw no injury in you as she look at you directly in the eyes.

"I'm glad your okay"

"Ms. Ningguang, a hammer can't injured me not to mention I heal"

"Still you need to be careful as it was a fatui your dealing with, you even fought the 11th fatui harbinger"

"He keeps irritating me which he did succeed as I fought with him in public but I almost got him if not for his subordinates who came to rescue him"

"You said you were from snezhnaya yet how come you don't have a good relationship against the fatui? Considering they serve for their Majesty, the tsaritsa"

"Well let's just say not everyone liked the fatuis, some of them really did join for fun while some of them swore to protect the nation and some of them bowed loyalty to the tsaritsa for eternity"

"And some of them just want power"

She added as you look at her and nod in agreement as you sigh while you notice that your clothes are still wet as you need to take a quick hot bath and change for a while.

"I must get change quickly and need to take a quick hot bath if you don't mind Ms. Ningguang"

"You may and drop the formality f/n"

"Right.. apologies.."

With that you went out of her room as she just watch you leave and sigh as she went out after and went back to work while she waits for you to get finish.

Meanwhile you were already in the bath house as you were taking a hot bath while the secretaries insist to dry your clothes and of course you just let them because they won't take no for an answer.

While relaxing on the hot bath, you didn't notice a butterfly fly around the bathhouse as your eyes were close and your almost half asleep but then you felt something landed on your shoulder as It was warm which made you open your eyes and turn only to see a hellfire butterfly.

"A hellfire butterfly?"

You mumbled to yourself as you were confused on where did this thing came from which made you realize you taught rosalyne this simple trick to her pyro as you immediately look around but didn't scent her.

"Of course..she was the only one I taught this simple thing to her pyro abilities"

It's warm and it can burn a mortal but you can handle such temperature since her pyro is not different from yours as you move your hand up and the butterfly then landed on your index finger as you gaze at it.

"Miss me already?"

You tease as the butterfly flops it's wing as you just chuckled and lean your other hand as you gently caress it's wing.

"I hope one day you could tell me what happened 500 years ago..I really wanna know why did you suddenly change your identity"

You said to the butterfly as the butterfly only flop it's wing slowly as it then fly towards you and went to your lips as you got surprised.

The butterfly then slowly disappeared as it left a warm feeling on your lips as you just look up and sigh.

"I need to know the reason on why did she join the fatui"