Chapter 39

"So cloud retainer is your master"

"Yes, she had told me about you and your doings in liyue, how you tried your best to save the nation and it's peopl-"

Suddenly a loud stomach growled has been heard as you both looked at each other and went silent for a while before she decided to speak once again.

"That would be my stomach grumbling, I haven't eaten enough"

"...yeah, I've heard very much of the conversation and how you just took a few bites. Quite a picky eater you are...since you are cloud retainer's disciple might as well treat you some food so what would you prefer?"

"Hmm...Qingxin, glaze lily, violetgrass. These are my usuals"

".....aren't those medicinal herbs?"

"...Medicinal herbs?"

"..nevermind, I don't know what cloud retainer has been giving you but bubu pharmacy might have those three so let's go there"

You both went to bubu pharmacy to find these three medicinal herbs.

""Welcome! Are you here to buy some herbs? I hope you brought your prescription"

Shenhe then started saying those three medicinal herbs.

"Qingxin,glaze lily, and violetgrass, please. Half a pound of each"

"What kind of a prescription is this? Sounds like a lunch order, huh...oh, here you go. That's everything we have to stock"

"Thank you"

Just then shenhe started eating those herbs which made us two looked surprised that she's eating it like a normal food.

"S-she's really eating those?"

The guy asked surprised as I just sigh.

"It's not like everyday you meet with unique...mortals"

You mumbled as you watched her finish eating.

"My hunger has now abated. thank you"

"Are those... really taste good?"

"Rather awful"

"...figures"

"though they were not completely devoid of sweet fragrance, after consuming a large quantity of them, bitterness is all that remains"

"I see..it's strange how you barely taken few bites on the foods in fancy restaurants yet can eat a half of pounds of.. medicinal herbs..."

"Because I'm not sure whether I'll remain here in the future"

"..why?"

"The food of the mortal realm is most delicious but should I return to the mountains, yearning for the food here
Shall only pose an obstacle to my continued spiritual development"

"Sampling each dish in order to appreciate it's taste is enough"

"..the way you speak, calling this a mortal realm and you saying to return to the mountains...not to mention a disciple of cloud retainer... should've known that you'll be an adeptus"

"Well enough about me, my master said you are not from this world as you have been here a long time hence decided to stay"

"My master mentioned that you were mostly live at mondsadt yet you came to liyue, why is that?"

"Long story, I was invited by an old friend although after the death of the geo archon things turn south and I was framed with the geo archon's murder which leads me to clearing my name and save the nation as I have made an agreement with the geo archon before his death hence I need to pretend to be an another person for a while in order to keep an eye on liyue"