Chapter 59

"don't force me to bed like a little child!"

You said with a loud groan trying to struggle against shenhe who was keeping you in bed while she kept saying that you should rest because your temperature is going high and you're warmer than the average temperature of a person.

"Ningguang insist that you should take a rest as well"

"I told you I'm not sick! I feel completely fine!"

"But your face said otherwise, look how red you are"

You only furrowed your brows and still tried to struggle but the way your beginning to feel hot and dizzy it was no use struggling against shenhe as she had the strength of an adepti as well even when she is human.

Though you are stubborn and still tried to fight her only for you to be suddenly wrapped by something which is a string, a hydro string to which you immediately recognized who's string it was and groan more.

"I see your having a hard time, why don't I help?"

Yelan said as she appeared from the door holding the end of the string while keeping you trapped with it as you just glared at her.

"Apologies, y/n can be stubborn at times but she really needs to rest because her body temperature is getting more higher"

"Don't we need some medicine for it? Why don't you tell that to ningguang? I'll handle her off while you go fetch some medicine hm?"

"That's a great idea, I'll go tell ningguang"

Shenhe said before standing up and walk out of the room while yelan then turned to face you before grinning which annoyed you already.

"An adepti can get sick huh?"

"...barely, I don't know how but I'm getting too attached to mortal worlds that this ridiculous sickness is getting into me as well"

She just chuckled as she then notice that your tails are shown and it was swinging more than it ever could and then she notice how you keep turning around the bed like your finding something comfortable to lay at.

".. it's confusing how you suddenly got a fever when your just fine earlier and even took some treasure hoarders with me-"

Just then she remembered something that the treasure hoarder through at you and she then spoke.

"So that pink smoke had some effect on it huh?"

"What pink smoke?"

"The one that was thrown at you"

"What about it?"

"That might be the reason for you having these fever"

"That can't be, no mere potion put some effect on me. I'm an adepti"

"Unless...it's quite a potion made?"

"....."

"Even if your an adepti, if the potion is well made it might still affect you somehow right?"

"...."

You couldn't deny it, because it started after you inhaled some of it and it is frustrating that a little sniff would make you in this state.

"Did you inhaled too many of it?"

"No"

"Then I guess that's fine, maybe this will just go for hours or more"

You sigh as you zone out for a bit and you stop struggling so yelan took away the string off you and just looked at you.

The long it goes the more your feeling hot all over and your starting to groan as you are moving around on the bed while your tail are wrapping your one leg.

"Too hot..."

"Would you like me to get some cold water?"

Yelan asked while you kept moving around and your bed are already disheveled.

Your breathing was not normal while you started gripping on the pillows and more sweat are surrounding your body.

You suddenly started taking some of the top Buttons off your shirt to cool yourself but it was not enough as you kept groaning.

Yelan was beginning to feel suspicious of you and thought of trying to go and find the two since your not behaving at all and you keep moving around like a child on tantrum.

"Y/n"

"HOT! Too hot.."

You groaned as yelan approached you and adjusted you on the bed while you were panting heavily and you turned to looked at her.

"It will get more hot if you keep moving around places, stay still"

She said and you didn't say anything but just looked at her while you stop moving and stayed as she said but your tail kept swinging slowly.

You kept staring and this made yelan quite uneasy but then scoff.

"Why? Too amaze by my beauty, y/n?"

She tease and you didn't show any reaction but said.

"I'm feeling thirsty..I think I might consider that cold water.."

You asked and yelan just chuckled at you.

"Alright then, stay on this bed till I get back"

She said and went out to get some fresh water while you stay there while still panting heavily and your tail swinging slowly.

~~~

Not long, she came back, holding a glass of water while you turned to face her.

Once she offered you the water, you immediately grabbed it and drink it in one go which she just chuckled.

"Easy now, wouldn't want you to choke now do we?"

She said while you keep drinking until it's empty but it was not enough to satisfy your thirst.

You put down the glass while you lay down and sigh in frustration.

"I guess one glass isn't enough"

Yelan mumbled as she sigh while you just looked towards her and your eyes started to wonder somewhere.

Your eyes are now examining her quite.. inappropriately as you begin to feel that thirst again and gulped and you tried to shake that feeling off but the more you deny it the more it's making you tempted.

"Uhm y/n"

You snap out and looked only for you to be surprised when your tail was now wrapped against her waist and was holding her and she just chuckled nervously.

"Your getting clingy now.."

She said to tease you but your not having it as you sigh and spoke.

"Yelan..I think I might know how I can get this ridiculous sickness off me"

"Oh do you now?"

"Yes but first.."

You suddenly put her on the bed and went on top of her. She was caught by surprise as she looked at you on top of her.

"Forgive me but I might need you on this one.."