Chapter 50

You open your eyes and find yourself to rex lapis den once again. You got confused and thought why you suddenly dreamt of his lair.

Though you notice his lair was bright as always with those clouds on the ground while you walk around.

Just then a familiar voice whispered right through your ear and called out to you.

"Y/n"

It was rex as you immediately turned around but saw no one, you frowned slightly as he kept calling your name but every time you turned around to where you were hearing him, his nowhere to be seen.

"Where are you? Rex?"

You asked and kept looking around and he responded.

"I am near you, y/n why don't you come where my voice is?"

"I am trying but you're everywhere and your home can be a little confusing sometimes"

He then let out a small chuckle before speaking.

"Ah..well I am not there as I am standing at the jade chamber right now"

Once he said that you suddenly woke up in ningguang's private chamber as you sat up and only found yourself in bed with ningguang laying beside you as she was sleeping peacefully while naked.

You remembered what happened as it was a joyful night you won't ever forget just like how you never forget Lisa and the others.

Then you remembered rex and your dream of his lair as you stood up and wore your shirt and pants before going out of ningguang's chamber and went outside to see if rex is really there or just your dream.

When you get out, you were surprised that you really did find a person outside the jade chamber and there's no doubt it was rex lapis.

He felt your presence and turned to face you before smiling.

"We meet again, my old friend"

He said and you just looked at him while he kept speaking.

"I was impressed that you really protected my nation-"

He was cut off when his geo shield activated as you sent him some ice spike towards him while you frowned at him.

"Giving me the job of an archon? You have the audacity to send a letter to me just for this"

You said and suddenly charged at him to which he just sighs and uses his geo shield to block your attacks.

"I am aware that you will get angry for leaving such a big job for an adepti to handle but I must say you handle it well like Any archon would do"

You then use geo and swing your sword to his shield making a huge impact that made him surprised for a bit and lose his composure.

"That is still not an excuse for giving me your job!"

You furrowed your brows while he just sighed and looked at you.

"I came here to explain you, why I did that. You see I have made a contract and I wouldn't fulfill it without you taking my place"

Just when you heard that you lowered your weapon and unsummon it before folding your arms and morax shield disappeared when he noticed you were listening.

"This better be a worthy reason for me not to give you a good beating"

He let out a small chuckle.

"For an adepti you really are the one who will challenge any archon if they stand in your way or mess with you huh?"

"I fought my god in my own world, what makes you think you archons are any different?"

"Fair enough, anyway about the contract I signed"

He explains every detail that you need to know and you were a little surprised when he mentioned Rosalyne but it made sense when morax told you that he gave his gnosis to her as part of the contract they made.

Judging by how Rosalyne was collecting all the gnosis it is expected if the fatui is somehow involved in this, not to mention that ginger guy named tartaglia who woke osial.

"I see..make sense now..but the fact that I was part of your plan is just unbelievable"

"Well, you could say I might've used you for a while but it's not so bad since you protected my nation as I expected but what I didn't expect is..."

He examined your feature to which he had notice your love marks all over your body to which you just pulled your shirt more to hide it.

"Uhm.."

"I very well know that was not part of my plan"

"Can we just put this aside please? I don't want to hear you say that I just snatch one of your people's heart"

"That's is not what I was going to say, what I'm about to say is I know she is not the last girl you would get"

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"Oh my old friend, barbatos and I have been exchanging letters and I know that you got the acting grandmaster of mondstadt, the librarian and even one of the Lawrence clan..oh can't forget the nun to their church-"

"Halt! Stop, don't say no more"

You said with a flustered face as morax just let out a small chuckle and looked at you.

"Okay, I'll get serious now"

He then looked at you and his smile drop down.

"The 8th fatui harbinger, la Signora has asked me a favor to send this message to you"