Chapter 6

It is now night as the other adepti's decided that you should stay at wangshu inn and hid there while your still wanted by the liyue qixing.

Before they went back on their domain, they ask alatus to keep an eye to any milleliths that tried to find you and protect you at all cost.

You don't need protecting but since your already had a big problem, you can't do any more trouble that will make it more bigger.

You sigh as you were on the tree while looking at the skies.

"I can't believe visiting an old friend would get me to trouble.."

You mumbled as you lean on the tree while sighing.

"Though..why would you want me to protect this city instead of you?"

"How can I protect your nation if I'm accused of killing you?"

"Morax..just what are you planning?"

You ask multiple questions even though you very well knew he won't answer it because he's not here anymore as you sigh again while closing your eyes.

"You...seems to be troubled.."

You look to see alatus sitting beside you already as you then lean back up and sat as well.

"Your archon gave me a huge work, I'm not even one of his adeptis and yet gave me the huge work"

"Rex lapis saw more in you than you could ever imagine, y/n.."

"Yeah but I'm not an archon who had the ability to save his nation"

"I have heard you save mondstadt and as well as dvalin"

"Yes but that doesn't mean I can save his nation as well"

"After all I'm just an adepti...a weak one to be precise"

"Your underestimating yourself"

"Hm? And why is that?"

"Y/n, I have known you for a long time.. I have spent more time with you back then and I can see the strength and power in you"

"As you said when you got here..your power was sealed which can never be broke but then have you notice that your power might be coming back?"

"You wield three elemental abilities without a vision"

"...four actually"

Alatus was confused as you then lean your hand and summon some geo which he was surprised and look at you.

"Since when..-"

"After morax was killed..I seem to have obtain the geo abilities which is surprising since I can only wield three elemental abilities"

"I see...do you now understand what I was trying to say?"

"Yeah.."

You look at your hand as you just smiled a bit and look at the skies.

"If so then was I holding myself back the entire time?"

"That..i don't know.."

"Thanks alatus-"

"Xiao"

"Pardon?"

"I go by the name Xiao now"

".. Honestly what's with the archon and adeptis changing names?"

Xiao then stood up as you look at him while he turn to face you.

"I shall take a rest, you should too"

You nod at him as he suddenly disappeared from your sight as you then lean back at the tree while looking at liyue harbour.

You remembered something on your contract that involves fatui which is not surprised if they're the ones who assassinated morax but then how?

You close your eyes as not long you drift to sleep and wait for the next day to come.

~~~

You suddenly woke up when you notice that your in a place full of clouds.

You got confused as you thought your dreaming which felt so real since this is the sea of clouds.

"Quite familiar"

You mumbled when suddenly someone spoke from behind you.

"It has not been that long since you came in my domain, y/n"

You immediately turn to see none other than morax as you were surprised to see him standing Infront of you alive.

"Archons..do the dead really visit someone in their dream after their death?"

Morax just chuckled as he then look at you while smiling.

"You can say that"

"Hmm~"

You folded your arms and look directly at him.

"I guess you had some explaining to do, let's start on our contract"

You immediately went to him and grab him by the shirt as you smiled but had some murder intentions in it.

"Explain to me on why do I need to babysit your nation like what you archons do, I know you very much knew that I despised human beings"

Morax then sigh and chuckled nervously.

"I guess this'll be harder than I thought"