Chapter 32

You kick one of the fatuis in the face as he fell on the ground while you then put your foot on his back as you look at the man and only with his two bodyguards.

He was shock that you just took all of the fatuis without even a scratch on you but he shrug it off as he grin.

"They're just useless fatuis! But now your doomed traitor!"

He then ordered his two bodyguards which they step up and just look at you behind those fatui mask as they immediately started charging at you while you just watch them get close until both of them suddenly went in different directions and one of them took something and throw it at you to which you just swing your hand to deflect it but then you saw your wrist got chained as he smirk while the other did the same and chain your other wrist as well.

Now they both pulled which made you spread your arm apart. You struggled and it only made the chains tighter on your wrist though you didn't make any impression about their trick.

The man then was laughing as you looked at him while he started approaching you and took off his coat.

He summon something which is a delusion as the temperature suddenly turn cold.

"Let's see how should I end you?"

You didn't spoke as you just watch him while he suddenly summon some ice and went towards you but stop midway as the tip of the ice was just on your face and he was laughing.

"Are you scared? Are you reconsidering what you did earlier? Too bad it's too late"

He was speaking nonsense which made you frown slightly as you sigh and close your eyes for a while to which he notice and grin.

"Aww~ are you admitting defeat? I won't show any mercy"

You still didn't speak as he kept talking.

"Oh once I'm done with you, I'm gonna pay the tianquan a visit. Perhaps a little fun would be-"

Before he could finish, another ice spread all over the area as the chained was ice as well to which made the two bodyguards drop the chains.

The man was shock on what just happened as he couldn't even handle the cold even though he wield a cryo delusion.

Just then you use electro as you went to one of the bodyguards as you punch him in the face then grab him by the neck.

He was struggling as you were about to break his neck but someone shot you by the face and your fatui mask fell off. It was the other bodyguard holding a gun as you slowly look and it made him Terrified when he saw you.

You change yourself into your adepti as some of your face had a reptile scales while your eyes change as well.

Just then you sent him some flying slash using your hand to which it got him as you just throw the one you're holding to the wall.

You then slowly look at the man who was a former suitor of ningguang and you gave him a death stare while he was trembling.

"M-monster-"

He stop once you appeared Infront of him as he suddenly fell on his knees and kept trembling in fear.

"Get away from me!"

He summon some ice again as you just swing your hand and broke the ice coming towards you.

"You find this the best?"

You asked mockingly as you scoff.

"I've known a better person who can wield a cryo delusion and she indeed is the only one that can make me.. impressed"

You said and remembered Signora for a sec as you shrug it off and summon your sword as you pointed it at the man.

"It's too easy if I kill you here"

"As much as I like to kill you for having such thoughts of my tianquan, I'll let you live for a while but do remember this"

Your eyes glow as a tremendous aura started surrounding you while he shrink in fear more.

"I'm just gonna make you suffer that you will regret saying such things to my ningguang and wish you just died by my hand right now"

The man felt more terrified when you suddenly change into something that made him scream in fear as the people at the party heard it as they stop the party.

The qixing started investigating quickly and find the noise of that scream because it looks like he was screaming in agony.

They immediately search where that scream came from and ningguang notice your absence as she was worried and she was about to look for you but the qixing insist that she should come with them and find the one who's screaming.

Just then it stop when they found the room as they only heard a cry while ningguang open the door and went inside with the qixing.

They were surprised when they saw some fatuis on the ground unconscious and her former suitor who was on his knees trembling in fear.

"What happened here?"

The qixing asked the man but he couldn't even speak as he just trembled there while hugging his knees.

The expression on his face looks like he just saw something that made him lose his sanity.

Ningguang then saw a piece of paper on the ground as she look at it and it was an information about this man and his work for the fatui.

"...take this man and the unconscious fatuis and lock them up. He is working with the fatui"

The qixing got surprised as they did what ningguang ordered and told the milleliths to take them all.

Meanwhile after that ningguang started looking for you as she didn't stay there longer.

She went back to the party looking for you but couldn't see you which made her more worry and was about to leave the party when someone held her by the waist as she turn and she felt relief once she saw you.

"Leaving without me?"

"..I was looking for you and I thought you left already"

"After what happened earlier?, did you really think I would leave? What if that former suitor of yours comes back?"

Ningguang just chuckled as she caress your cheeks.

"I'm afraid he won't do anything as I..well we found him to an abandoned room and found out he was working with the fatuis and so I told the qixing to lock him up with the rest... though the fatuis are unconscious and he was trembling in fear when we found him.."

"Is that so?"

Ningguang notice that your pretending to be surprised but she knew that your not that surprised but let it off.

"It looks like someone gave him and the fatuis a lesson, especially him since he look like he just saw something... terrifying"

"Maybe he did"

You respond as Ningguang looks at you but you were not looking at her and in fact you were lost in thoughts as you had quite a bitter look on your face.

"Only something terrifying would make a grown man tremble in fear.. something... frightening like..a monster"

Ningguang only looks at you but she had an assumption that you were the one who did it since she knows your true identity but deep inside she knows as well your a good person and anything that you do had a reason.

"Since the party has ended.."

Ningguang held your hand.

"Should we go back to the jade chamber? I'm tired"

She said and smiled making you smile a bit and squeeze her hand lightly.

"Sure, this party had been pretty boring"

She chuckled and started walking out of the party with you beside her as you both were hand in hand while walking back to the jade chamber.