Chapter 4

"rex lapis.... Assassinated?..at the rite of descension!?"

He yelled out loud which almost made your ear drums hurt as mountain shaper flap his wings wildly because of his anger.

"What mortal in liyue-- nay, in all the world would conspire to commit such foul treason!? Or perhaps the more pertinent question is what power in this world could aspire to achieve it?"

"Not only that they as well accused some important being..i am most disappointed in liyue qixing.."

"Now rex lapis...gone..one is aware why moon carver sent for us"

"Y/n, one is aware to find the other adepti's and deliver them the message"

"Tell them the message in every detail just like how you told me and moon carver"

"Yes, yes, I know you didn't have to remind me of that"

You said and spread your wings while mountain shaper examine your wings and it is still magnificent as always.

"Your wings never failed to amazed me, y/n"

"Careful now mountain shaper, I wouldn't want my wings to melt"

You said before flying away and went towards Mt. Aocang to inform cloud retainer.

"Now I shall inform alatus myself but first I need to find moon carver"

Mountain shaper mumbled before taking off as well and went to find moon carver at his lair.

Minutes pass by and you reach Mt. Aocang and landed on the ground as you can see how still peaceful this place is as you look around and saw the table.

You remembered something back at the pass.

~~~

In Mt. Aocang it's a normal day for every adeptis as it was always peaceful in Mt. Aocang.

Suddenly someone landed on the mountain as birds started flying away from the huge wind current.

You open your eyes and look around as you don't see cloud retainer and decided to call her out as you retracted your wings back.

"Cloud retainer?"

No response.

"Cloud retainer, I want to know where morax is as he was not in his usual spot"

Still no response.

You sigh as you started to walk around until you saw a table which made you remembered they always had a table but never use it.

You decided to approach it and you can see it is well place but then you notice some writing on each seat.

"Retainer, rex, guizhong"

You know the two but your not familiar with the last one as you thought this person might be just one of their old friends.

"You must be wondering who is that person"

You turn to see cloud retainer already behind you as you straighten yourself and turn to face her.

"I assume it's one of your old friend"

"She is..and a special person to rex lapis as well"

You were surprised as morax never said anything about having someone special to him until now.

"I never knew that old geezer would have someone special"

"He might look like he doesn't need one but archons can still feel emotions meaning they could still feel love"

"Guizhong..the lord of dust..She is best known as one of the gods who presided over the Guili Assembly, which she established alongside Morax and Marchosius, and for her mechanisms such as the Guizhong Ballista. she is only god who made rex lapis feel that way back then"

"Where is she now?"

Cloud retainer then look down and didn't respond for a while which you immediately knew what happened.

"I see..."

"During the Archon War, Guizhong and other adepti fought to protect the people of Guili against the many evil gods and monsters that had plagued Liyue's lands.3,700 years ago, Guizhong lost her life in a fierce battle over Guili Plains, during which "black dust choked the heavens and a thousand rocks splintered" She died amidst the Glaze Lilies, wearing one last lonely smile as she asked Morax to forget about the stone dumbbell she gave him and bemoaned the end of their journey together.A massive flood swept through Dihua Marsh and Guili Plains, destroying the Guili Assembly.Its inhabitants, with the help of Marchosius and the adepti, traveled south for ten days until they reached the land that would become Liyue Harbor"

"Hmm...so that's why liyue had those weird flower called glaze lilies"

"Yes many are wondering why glaze lilies are everywhere in liyue harbour and it's because it's a remembrance of rex lapis past lover.."

"Lover huh.."

You look to the sky as the wind flow into your hair.

"I never thought morax would have one"

"Even archons can have a lover"

"Well, I guess that's true"

"Your talking like you just didn't have one already"

You look at her surprised.

"Who in the barbatos name is it?"

"I thought you and that Mondstadt woman are together"

"Who-...wait Rosalyne?"

"Yes haven't you two are close than before?"

"Your misunderstanding the situation, Rosalyne is just like the others"

"She's.."

You stop as cloud retainer knew exactly the answer.

"S-she's something important to me as well l-like barbatos and dvalin!"

You suddenly stuttered which you never did when you talk and that is enough for cloud retainer to know what you meant about that woman.

"Rex lapis is in his domain"

Cloud retainer said as you look at her and nod.

"Alright, I'm off now"

You said and turn your back to her while you started walking away and spread your wings wide before taking off while cloud retainer just watch you.

"She's really not honest with her feelings"

Cloud retainer then look at the name that is write"guizhong"

"Wouldn't you agree? Guizhong?"