Chapter 44

After introducing shenhe and even talk about the competition, you all decided to help each other out even though you said that your really not interested in joining but ningguang already put your name in the list so that means only two remains and you decided to help Yun Jin and beidou to win.

After agreeing to help each other out, beidou went back to her ship to ask one of her crew about wonder cores while you went to master zhang on the town to ask the same one as well.

While walking you asked Yun Jin.

"If you don't mind me asking, what would you like to ask to ningguang?"

"I'm looking for a venue to host the performance of our new opera. Lady ningguang has excellent judgement, so I would like to hear her opinion"

"I see..what's the opera called then?"

"The opera is the labor of love by my father. he wrote it Based on a popular urban legend about an evil spirit and an adeptus"

"It's called the divine damsel of devastation"

"Hmm... interesting"

You mumbled before taking a glance at shenhe for a sec because this urban legend might be about her as you had a great hunch about it but shrug it off as you reach master zhang.

You ask about whether he had heard about the wonder core. Luckily he knows how to make one as ningguang already ask to make some wonder cores to the original jade chamber, which is why he can make some for you though you might need some rare materials.

"What are the ores? I'll find them quickly"

You said and master zhang only looked at you.

"Err..your lady ningguang's suitress right!? And the hero who save liyue harbour. I thank you for saving us and even help ningguang rebuild her precious jade chamber. you really do care for the tianquan"

You only scratch your head when he said all those things while Yun Jin just laugh and shenhe just watched your reaction.

Though after that master zhang told you about the ores you need and you proceeded to find them in no time.

You reach Mt. Tianheng and search for the startsplinter iron while Yun Jin talk about her opera. She said that there was once a village on this mountain.

She proceeded to tell about a lovely couple living amongst the village but then a terrifying monster appeared capturing the wife that made the husband distraught and was drove to madness.

Though the terrifying monster told them that if they sacrifice a child to that monster, all of them will live. The villager had no choice but to listen to the monsters demand and decided who's child they'll sacrifice until a little girl stood up and faced the monster.

Unbeknownst, the girl was carrying an exorcist blade to which she went inside the monster's lair without any hesitation and faced the monster to which the little girl later had won.

The little girl's strength was not normal and this drew the attention of the adeptis and decided to take the girl as one of their own. Though the legend spreads all around liyue harbour alas the path between adepti and humans seldom across hence the girl wouldn't be able to re enter the mortals world ever again.

"And that's how the opera ends"

Yung Jin said and you slowly turn your eyes to shenhe because this just confirms that the urban legend of Yun Jun's opera was about her.

"I like this story.. but I personally think that perhaps the little girl was... not as brave as the opera makes her out to be"

"I'm not sure she deserves all the praise she is given"

"Hmm..I've never considered that before"

"Opera is always an interpretation of the events it purports to portray. A certain degree of deviation from the truth is always inevitable"

"When my father wrote the script for this play, I suppose  his intention was to inspire his audience with the character of the divine damsel"

"Mm..I think it's a great story. The ideal story"

While they talk, you sense some startsplinter iron nearby and you lean your head up and can feel it more up there.

"Ladies, hate to break this interesting conversation but I may have found some startsplinter iron"

You said before proceeding to go and used your electro to go there fast. You manage to take one startsplinter iron and you just smiled before looking down to look at shenhe and Yun Jin as you showed them the startsplinter iron.

Just then you felt another one nearby and you look around only to see one more on the other side as you use your electro again to take that one as well while the two just watched you.

"She sure do take this seriously.."

"Well this is for lady ningguang after all"

Yun Jin said while shenhe turn to face her.

"Is this lady ningguang... considered a friend of y/n?"

"Friend? Well I think everybody knows that lady ningguang and her is more than friends because she became lady ningguang's suitress even though she just did that to hide her real identity for a while"

"People said that they more likely to share a very deep connection and that suitress thing is really not an act for y/n"

"I see.. to what y/n considered lady ningguang then?"

"Well they more likely lovers than friends"

Shenhe nodded more as this was all new to her as she just looked at you.

"Lovers?"

"Yes, a lover had more deeper connection than friends, both persons are more affectionate to one another and shows more skinship"

"I see.. interesting.."

Shenhe was lost in thoughts as she was curious on this word called lovers. She thought for a moment if you can even consider her as one as she proceeded to know more about this later after your done collecting the startsplinter iron.