Chapter 56

The fatui took you back to the jade chamber after you bid farewell to Signora and you can see you have returned to your room.

The fatui then was about to go back but you called.

"Hey, mortal"

He flinched a little when you called him and slowly looked at you.

"Name?"

"...we're not allowed to say our names publicly"

"..fine, mortal it is. You better take care of the fair lady if you value your life"

You said it more like a death threat to which you can hear him swallow a lump on his throat and just nodded.

*Understood, you didn't need to tell me this-"

"It's better to remind you, it's inazuma you were going and I heard from an old man that inazuma.. change"

You said and the fatui just looked at you.

"One little scratch from the fair lady and I'll come in inazuma"

He just nodded quickly and then disappeared from the portal while you just sighed for a moment before going out of your room and then went to ningguang's office.

When you get there, you can only see ningguang but no sign of the others so you thought that they left while you were away earlier hence you went to approach ningguang because you can have her time now.

Ningguang noticed you and gave you a smile while you smiled back and then went to her chair while you lean close to give her a kiss.

You pecked her lips and she just chuckled and caress your face as she kissed you back.

"Did you explain the contract to shenhe?"

"Yes in fact, I already made her sign her name which means she agreed~"

"That's great"

You said and ningguang gave you back the contract and you looked at it and found shenhe's name but then you're surprised when you saw beidou and yelan!?

You immediately turned to face ningguang where she just smiled at you like she didn't know anything.

"Why are these two here!? Especially yelan?"

You were confused and surprised while ningguang just chuckled.

"Well, it's their decision. I expected beidou would have her eyes on you because she accidentally said that when she was drunk back then but I never expected yelan to have her eyes on you as well"

"Beidou?"

"Yeah, you know her when she's drunk she can get a little..honest about her feelings"

"...."

"But let's get to the main point, what connection did you have with yelan? Is it back at the party where you first met her?"

"... actually..while I was helping with the materials in rebuilding the jade chamber, I encountered her and..well she did suddenly..uhh..how should I say this.."

You were getting red just from remembering what she did back then while you just sigh and then continue.

"I hate to admit it but I was caught by her strings and then she managed to tease me and licked my lips before letting me go..."

"...oh my~ can't say I'm surprised but still..that woman is really unpredictable after all.."

"..that mortal likes to toy with me, I can tell that but to even agree to this contract..."

"Well, you can say that she finds you.. amusing, I mean who wouldn't right?"

"What's so special about me?"

"I mean an adepti that is not from here and can use all different kinds of elementals abilities without a vision and not to mention how your pyro is a different color compare to all the pyro holders, do you really think you are just like any other adepti in this world of ours?"

"..."

She then smiled and held your hand a she intertwined her fingers with yours.

"Do you know what's more about you that we all find the same? That made us love you?'

"What's that?"

She then lay her hand on your chest where you heart was as she feels your  heartbeat and she smiled warmly.

"It's how you love my dear..it's how you can give such love that we might have get drowned because of how you shower us with your love and affection"

"..well..I..I don't actually know how to because I've never love anyone in my world, I was too busy with my own thing that I didn't even think about this love until I got here so..I really don't know how.."

"It's okay my dear, even though you don't know how..you..give us the unexpected love that we don't know we need..and we love that about you"

You felt flustered by it and just looked away while hiding your reddened face while she just chuckled and held your face as she made you looked back at her.

"You really need to know how to take a compliment my dear"

"..I can't help when it comes to you and the others..I'm not good at handling such compliments.."

"Well, you are adorable in this state~"

She said and then peck your lips as she wrap her arms around your neck.
Just then she suddenly made you sit on her chair while she then sat on your lap as you were caught by surprise and she just smirks at you.

"I'm gonna continue my work so if you don't mind, I want you to be my stress reliever"

".....okay.."

Is the only thing you can reply while she work with the paper works and you just sat there quietly watching her work and didn't know your hands automatically went to wrap around her waist while you lay your head on her shoulder as you watch her work.