Chapter 58

As per the agreement you and yelan had, you spent your time with her and surprisingly she is more on taking you with her so that she can get her job done given by the liyue qixing.

It's been 4 days and she didn't do anything so out of the blue except teasing and being touchy with you but it never went further than that as she did ask you about your life.

Today, you were trying to catch a bunch of treasure hoarders that will raid a carriage that contains some of ningguang's order from the other nation as this are far valuable and can get a pretty price if they sell it.

It's not that long before the treasure hoarder raided the carriage and forced the delivery guy to get down the carriage as they tied him up while they check the things inside and so they were right, it contains tons of mora and other more valuable resources they can sell.

Just then someone appeared out of nowhere as they all looked only to be surprised to see you.

"Isn't that-"

"Touching the tianquan's possession, you must have a death wish"

You said and summon your sword while they started charging at you only for you to use your anemo and swing your sword that create a flying slash.

One of them tried to sneak up behind you and was about to attack you when his arms were suddenly tied by an hydro string stopping him from attacking you.

You turned around and looked down on the treasure hoarder before giving him a good beating before proceeding to finish the others.

After a minute, you manage to get all the treasure hoarders as they were tied by yelan's string in one place.

You heard her giggle while you were checking if some of ningguang's order are missing but luckily there isn't one.

"Hmm~ how thoughtful, making sure none of the tianquan's order is missing?"

"Everything she have is valuable, of course I need to double check it"

She just smiled at you while she watch you silently but then both of you felt something and turn to see two of the treasure hoarder manage to escape her strings and one of them already shooted an arrow towards you.

You were about to grab it before it even hits you but surprisingly yelan shoot the arrow using her hydro.

Just then she disappeared and got behind the treasure hoarder before using her strings to trapped him completely.

"I can catch the arrow you know?"

"Well~ It wouldn't hurt to save you from it, I mean after all...we wouldn't want that pretty handsome face of yours get ruin by this mere thief"

She said before stomping her foot on the treasure hoarders back and smiled but behind those innocent smile was rather.. terrifying because you could feel that's she's mad at something.

"If that arrow did manage to damage her face then i won't be merciful to you know?"

She said to the treasure hoarder that made him trembled in fear. You just sigh before shaking your head before turning to the other side to see the other one trying to escape.

You were about to chase after as you already appeared behind him because you used your anemo to teleport fast but then he manage to throw something on you and you didn't have time to dodge it as you landed on the ground.

A pink mist was surrounding you inhaling some of it as you cough but you didn't pay heed to it and was about to continue chasing him when you already saw him on the ground unconscious and it was shenhe that knock him out.

She then turned to look at you and immediately went to check up on you. She cupped both your face so sudden before pulling you down to her level.

"Are you hurt? He threw something at you"

She said and tried to check if there's any wounds and you just held both her hands that was cupping your cheeks and replied.

"I'm fine, I don't know what he threw at me but it didn't do anything unpleasant"

"Then maybe you must be immune to whatever potion that was"

Yelan then spoke as she was examining the broken glass that was thrown into you.

"Let's just get this back to ningguang and lock this mortals up before I decided to throw them into the sea and offered them to osial's wife"

You said irritatedly before walking the carriage and freed the delivery guy as you escorted him to liyue harbour.

Yelan took the treasure hoarders to the millelith and you helped the delivery guy to escort ningguang's order to the jade chamber with shenhe with you.

Though you were feeling a little dizzy and thirsty but you didn't know what your thirsty for as you already drink a fresh water but it didn't seem to satisfy you.

You notice it was getting hot as well and thought it's because of the weather today and pay no heed to these things and proceeded with taking these containers to ningguang.

You took the containers inside with the help of shenhe while you went to ningguang's office as she was working with paper works as usual but stop once she saw you and smiled.

She stood up from her working desk and approached you while giving you a quick peck on the lips but then she notice your face is rather red and your temperature is warm.

"Dear, are you having a fever?"

She asked worried which surprises you and she started checking your temperature to make sure..

"Did you overwork yourself?"

"No, it's just a simple task for an adepti. I'm fine"

"But you don't look fine"

She said and just sigh while still holding your face while shenhe then held your arm.

"You should take a rest, y/n"

"But I'm fine really-"

You felt yourself got carried as shenhe carried you to her shoulder and ningguang looked at shenhe.

"Please take her to her room and let her rest"

She asked shenhe to which she nodded and proceeded to walk carrying you and this got you embarrassed and struggled but failed.

"Put me down this instance! This is embarrassing!"