Worthy Successor

Y/N's POV

After all the rest of the matches concluded, I and the rest of Class 1A returned to UA.

Due to my injuries caused by Bakugo's blasts and One For All I had to get checked out by recovery girl who managed to heal all my wounds.

As I walked through the corridors of UA, I felt defeated, I know Nana was proud of me and Ochaco even though we still lost, I felt as though maybe I could've been better and more useful.

As these thoughts ran across my mind, Nana walked towards me , still in her hero costume.

Nana : Hey Y/N, there's something I need to talk to you about, mind if you join me in my office.

Y/N : No problem at all, I would love to.

When we arrived at her office she told me to take a seat on the couch opposite from where she would be sitting.

Nana : So, after the quirk training exercise I noticed you seemed down, even more so than Ochaco who had also lost. Why is that Y/N, even though you may have lost you still make me proud.

Those words that Nana uttered meant the world to me, but I still felt useless.

Y/N : I feel useless Nana, even after my 3 months of training my body still isn't completely ready for One For All and now I couldn't even pass a simple quirk exercise.

Nana : Y/N...

Y/N : At this rate, how the hell am I supposed to be your successor.

I looked up to see a huge grin on Nana's face, right before she put her hand on top of mine.

Nana : You are not useless Y/N, you managed to train your body tirelessly for 3 months even though its still not completely ready for One For All, not to mention you managed to get into the school of your dreams, UA, which has a 12% acceptance rate. And on top of that you still strive to be a hero after everything you've been through in your life.

I felt tears threaten to fall from my eyes as Nana embraced me in a hug.

Nana : Y/N L/N, you are far from useless, you are my worthy successor and don't ever doubt that.

After hearing that I could not possibly hold back the tears no matter how much I wanted to.

Nana : Well would you look at the time, unfortunately I have to go, I have a staff meeting to attend, but I'll see you tomorrow.

Y/N : I look forward to it.

After my heartfelt conversation with Nana I began walking towards the exit of UA since the school day had ended. But then I heard his voice.

Bakugo: Hey you damn nerd!! I hope you don't think you're better than me.

I turned around to face a furious Bakugo.

Y/N : I never said that--

Bakugo: --One day we'll have a rematch and that day I'll beat you fair and square!!

Bakugo then stormed out of the building, leaving me confused.

I sighed as I realized that some things in life never change.