Chapter 28 (part 1)

That evening, Y/n decided to brush up on her powers, thinking that she should still do her best at her training with Wanda despite how awkward it was between them. She finally managed to stack the large metal storage boxes, getting better at her control every time. Suddenly she had a thought.

What if, instead of pulling, I push away? And if I just adjust where I aim... Technically, it should work.

She slowly lowered her hands to her side, trying to remember how Tony does it in his suit. Is it like this? Concentrating, she pushed away from the ground. The next thing she knew, she was high up in the air for a second before falling back down, her limbs flailing aimlessly. She fell on her back, coughing as she caught her breath. She rolled to her side, clutching her torso while she waited for the pain to go away.

When she felt better, she stood up to try again. It can be done; I just need to figure out how. She thought of how to direct her powers, deciding to try it without her hands this time. She prepared herself, feeling scared at the last moment.

Come on! If you don't try, you'll never know.

She took a deep breath, determined to make it happen. Concentrating hard, she willed her powers to push her off the ground. Slowly, she felt her feet peel off the ground. She looked down, grinning widely when she saw that only the tip of her toes was on the ground.

"Yes!" she laughed loudly, losing her focus, making her drop to her feet again. She had another brilliant idea, smiling as she climbed up on one of the boxes.

Now that you know it can be done, time to leap off the nest. Why not?

She hung one foot off the side of the metal box, having second thoughts about lifting the other foot.

So, do I just, jump? Push off?

Y/n took a few deep breaths until she could feel her head spin. She stopped delaying, pushing off the box without a second thought. She concentrated hard once more, closing her eyes before she felt herself stop. She kicked around with her feet, only feeling the air around her. She opened her eyes and they widened with surprise when she looked down, seeing that she was floating a few inches above the floor.

"I can't believe it! I did it! I'm fly—"

"Good evening, Y/n," Vision's voice greeted her, catching her by surprise before she fell to the ground.

"Oh goodness, did I startle you? I'm sorry!" Vision said, approaching her quickly to help her. Y/n quickly stood up, slightly embarrassed and upset at being interrupted so suddenly.

"No, no. It's okay. How can I help you, Vision?" He gave her some space, still looking worried at her state. Y/n brushed herself, raising her eyebrow at him, signaling him to continue.

"I apologize again for interrupting. I uh... I was wondering Y/n."

"Yes?" Y/n asked when he paused a little too long.

"I guess it's best to just be out with it. I um... I was wondering if you and Wanda—I can, um..."

Y/n's heart dropped at the mention of her name from him. "What were you wondering?"

Vision cleared his throat before replying. "Forgive me if I'm wrong, but I noticed there was something going on between you and Wanda?"

"Is that your actual question?" She asked him, her heart already in her mouth.

"Not really. Right, I was wondering if I might be overstepping any boundaries. You know how some people like to be around other people when they find their company delightful?"