Eleven

AT THE FIRE EXIT

" Dr. Jang, is there anything wrong with my mom? " Jennie asked right after she answer the call.

Something shifting can be heard from the other line, before the doctor answered her. " Jennie, they were all feel embarassed to contact you, but I have to. "

" The medical fees you paid previously were long ago used up. So the medicine has been cut off. " The doctor finished.

The stress from her work and now this, Jennie felt drained. " Hmmm, I see. I'll pay the fees as soon as I can. "

" Ok. " A sighed escape from the doctor in the other line. " Jennie, have you.. Have you ever thought of giving up? "

With the gentle tone and the uneasiness of the question, form tears from Jennie's eyes. " You know, I was just wooried about you. All the medicine that your mom needs are imported. It's too expensive. This is something you can't afford anymore. "

" My m-mom is still alive.. " You can hear the quivering in Jennie's voice as her tears roll down her cheeks. " How can I give her up? I can't just let her die. "

" Anyway, I promise, I'll get the money. " She toughened up, wiping her tears. She needs to be strong for her mom.

Another sighed form the doctor. " Alright, I'll get the medicine on credit at the pharmacy. Give you some time to find a way soon. "

" Thank you, Dr. Jang. " Jennie said really grateful for the doctor that's been helping her ever since.

--------------------------------------

" Jen? " Yerim asked as she saw Jennie walking hurriedly getting off early.

Jennie looked back at her apologetically " I'm getting out for a while, if the director asks for me, just say I'm trying to contact the Emperor Group. "

" But J-jen ~ " Before Yerim could finish what she was going to say, Jennie was already out.

-------------------------------------

Before marriage, the condition I set with Kim Jisoo is 20k dollars living expenses per month. I thought it will be enough to cover mom's. I never expected it would be far from enough after mom uses the new medicine. Jennie thought as she drove her car mindlessly to nowhere. The designer sighed tiredly, clenching her hands to the steering wheel.

Should I ask Jisoo for more money?

" What are you thinking Jennie, she's just a jerk! " Jennie mumbled to herself.

After a while of driving, Jennie spotted an unusual event at the central park, suddenly got her attention, lot of tents and people walking around. So out of curiousity, she park her car and went out to check what was it about.

As she walks closer, she wasn't expected to get flustered by a large bunny mascot waving a flyer in front of her.

" Miss are you interested? " A large deep voice of a man inside the mascot asked her, " We're holding a charity event, you can produce a design and price it yourself. "

Jennie took the flyer hesitantly and look over the paper in hands while the mascot continously talks " Half goes to the charity and half goes to you. "

" A lot of celebrities are coming. " Jennie looked at the mascot then look back at the flyer still didn't say anything. " If someone likes your design, you may get more than you expected. "

" I-I can design anything? " Jennie asked.

The mascot leaned closer making it looked scary for Jennie. " Yup! Anything is OK! "

Before Jennie could even get herself to decide, the mascot were already leading her inside a huge tent. " This is the exhibition hall, get ready! "

At her utter surprise, there were a lot of people walking inside, different stalls were everywhere like the whole inside were a maze divided by different stalls, different arts were displayed.

What would I design? The contract with my company, prevents me from doing architectural designs in private.

Looking around, she saw classy and elegant people. Designers clothes, obviously from a higher positions and filthy rich people, expensive jewelries and- AHA!

Yes! Jewelries! If I met a rich man who brings her girlfriend around. I can even sell it in a good price!