Thirteen

AT THE HOSPITAL

Squeezing the water off the towel, Jennie carefully wiping her mother's body, cleaning her off.

Her mother, was diagnosed in a critical heart disease. After her father died, her mother has been hospitalized, still sleeping after 2 long years. Her brother were off somewhere she doesn't know, leaving her all the responsibility to take care of their mother.

Sighing for a thousand times, Jennie smiled at her mother, looking at her longingly. " Mom, your daughter in law is quite rich. "

" So, don't worry about the money. Just get better and better, okay? "

She again soaked the towel back in the water and squeezed it dry so she can wipe her mother's face gently. " She's very nice to me. "

" She's taking good care of me. In life and in work. You have nothing to worry about. " A tear run down her beautiful face, talking to her mother like this makes her emotional. She just wants her mother back.

After some time, she cleaned everything and pack her things. Giving her mother one last kiss. " Mom, I'm leaving. Just keep fighting, okay? So will I. "

Leaving the room quietly, she wipe the lone tear that escape from her eyes, before walking to the hallway. On the way out of the hospital, she saw Dr. Jang waving at her. She waved back, bowing gratefully at the doctor as she came closer. " Dr. Jang, thanks for taking care of my mom. "

The doctor could only smile at her, sad and amazed by the determination and strength of the young woman.

" Please inform me if there's already a suitable heart for her, okay? " Jennie said, smiling gratefully at the doctor again as he answered her ' Yes, of course. ' Jennie bowed respectfully again, " I got to go, bye Dr. Jang. "

No common family can afford to pay more than 30k dollars a month and the body might reject the heart. She might loose everything. At Jennie's retreating body. The doctor could only sighed pitifully. It's really tough for her.

---------------------------------------

RING! RING! RING!

" Hello, director? " Jennie answered her phone as she saw who the caller was.

' Jennie, there's a dinner tonight. I need you to go with me. ' Director Park said directly. Shifting and some clattering can be heard at the other line before the director could continue. ' I heard Kim Jisoo might be there. This is a good chance to... '

" Director, I- " Jennie interupt her boss, but before she could say anything else she was being interupted too.

' You know, there's many bitter rivals these year. If not for the company, ' The director sighed, before taking a deep breath. ' Jennie, you still need to think about your own future, right? Your entry to the UCL, depends on it. '

But Jisoo won't be there. She said she will be at the Heaven Night tonight. Jennie thought. But she can't say that, so even against her own knowledge, she needs to comply. She sighed inwardly. " Alright, I'll be there soon. "

---------------------------------------

AT THE VENUE

Just as it is, she wasn't here at all. Jennie sighed. She looked at herself, shifting to make herself comfortable. She was dressed in a simple yellow tight dress that hugged her body just right, showing a little cleavage to look more intimidating enough.

" Excuse me ~ I need to go to the restroom. " She excused herself to the young man that she has been talking to, promoting their firm.

All the same gaze from different men. While Jisoo's was too damned charming. The rest just makes me sick. She thought, walking to the direction of the restroom. But just she was about to enter.

" Jennie " An old man called for her, making her turned her back. " You're here too. "

Sigh! Another one! Ugh! She groaned inwardly, she just hope her smile wasn't look like forced like it already is. " Director Yang? "

The old man creepily looked at her, like she was a prey that he wanted to tame or something. " Go on ~ I'll wait for you here. Then we can go back together. "

" You don't have to wait director, I'll really take some time ~ " Jennie smiled awkwardly, finding the man suspicious. Please don't!

But to her utmost despair the old man took a cigarette and light it up, smiling weirdly at her. " It's okay, it's okay. Just a good time to take a puff. "

By that, the designer have no choice but to go inside. Seems like I need to stay inside longer. I don't think he has so much patience.

After 20 minutes...

" Director Yang, sorry to have you eaited for so long ~ " Jennie smiled defeatedly, she wasn't expecting the old man still waiting for her, she can only massage her temple inwardly. " So, let's go? "

The old man, just smiled at her and lead her way. Stepping an inch closer to her as they walk the old man talk. " Jennie, Bobbie said your designs are great! "

" Oh, Bobbie is just kind director. " She chuckle awkwardly.

" Well, if Bobbie finds it great, I have no objection. " Director Yang said as he again step another inch closer, making Jennie uncomfortable, but she hold herself strong, the last thing she wanted was to make a scene. " Are you interested in designing our new office building? "

" It's up to the company, if it'll be assigned to me, I'll do it. " She said timidly, shifting away slightly.