Forty-Five

Jennie was walking at the hallway going back to their office. Different rumors from everywhere, she can heard it. After so long, it won't die. Rumors of her, sleeping around so she got her position, so she can get a job, so she can get a project. The brunette were aware of those nasty gossips about her, already learned not to give anyone any reaction from her.

Although after so long, she still hated it. She can't tamper down the pain and humiliation she feel about it.

Some people are born, getting a satisfaction in mocking others. No matter how kind you are to them. Jennie thought, already feeling the throbbing from her head from all this.

A sudden ringing of her phone, got her attention from the distressing thoughts. Who's calling me at this hour?

Picking up her phone from her jacket pocket, she almost slipped it out of her hand looking at the caller's number. Her eyes wide as she looked intently at her former cellphone number, calling right back at her. She was sure it was hers, but how?

" Hello. Jennie Kim. May I know who's calling? " Jennie answered.

" It's me. " The brusque voice from the other line, she can't mistake it for anyone else. Jennie felt cold run down her spine. She loved that voice, the one she longing for a long time. But now- " Wait for me at the Legend Hotel at 7pm this evening. "

" No. We don't have to meet at a hotel, there are other places. " The brunette said with conviction in her voice. She doesn't know what's happening to him. Kai wasn't like this before, he was such a sweet and gentle man when they were dating. Now, she couldn't recognize him with all how he acts towards her.

" I'm only free this evening, if you wanna finalize the draft design. " The silver haired man said, looking out of his office window as he speak. " You know, your mind is so filthy now. There is a restaurant and cafe and a hanging garden at this hotel. "

Jennie shut her eyes closed. Nothing he said sits right to her gut, but she knew she had no choice. With her lack of response, Kai continued. " Why? Does all the man that invites you in a hotel, only to get you in a room? "

Hurt. Tired. And already devastated. Jennie refused all of them to get the reaction they all want from her. So she took a deep breath and composed herself, and tried to be as professional as she can. " So, where do we meet? The restaurant, the cafe or the hanging garden, Mr. Kim? "

" Room 3719. Get the keycard at the front desk. " Kai said making the brunette's eyes opened wide. She already felt distraught by the conversation.

Jennie's hands felt cold, she felt angry and offended and deeply hurt. After all, this was Kai, the man she loved deeply. Her heart breaks in pieces, witnessing how much he changed. " You jerk! "

" I'll have dinner with Seoul Ui's supervisors tonight. They want you there. " Kai said, taking a deep breath. He knew, she was hurt. But it was never his intention to be it's caused. " You wanna talk about the draft design with me, right? Let's make it today. "

Jennie ran her hand through her face in frustration. " This number isn't even yours. "

" Now it is ~ Jennie, I'll get back our lost time. " Kai speak gently for the first time since they meet again. It made the brunette's eyes teary. She missed him, his voice made her remembered the silhouette of the man she loved. " That day, I'm sorry. "

Jennie put a hand in her mouth as a couple of tears run down her cheeks. Wiping the unexpected tears, hastily. She took a deep breath before answering in a steady and rational voice. " Mr. Kim, if you're free tonight. I can meet with you after your dinner. You can find me at the hanging garden at 9pm. I'll wait there. "

The brunette doesn't wait for his response and drop the call. She swallowed the lump in her throat, and look at her phone sadly.