Thirty-Nine

Jennie looked up at him, it felt unfair to her since she can’t do anything, cause she can’t let herself be drown with her personal issues while handling work. But here is Kai, taking advantage of her. “ How do you define sincerity? We assigned the draft to our designers, not assistants. I think we’re sincere enough. “ 

“ Oh really? “ Kai murmured lowly, striding towards her, he backed Jennie to the wall, and kissed her forcedly.

Trapping her there, he kissed her aggressively. Jennie tried pushing him away, but Kai was persistent. When he felt she wasn’t going to respond to his advantage, he broke the kiss, mouth travelling from her lips to her neck, leaving her no time to win her freedom. 

Jennie felt molested, she can’t believe Kai was doing this to her, again. She was squirming, she felt her eyes tearing up again. Her tied hair got loosen, she felt weak, she was disgusted of what was happening. She was sobbing when she pushed him away successfully and with every force in her body she slapped him through his face.

Holding herself together, willing herself not to break in front of him. She swallowed her emotions and looked at him coldly. “ Kim Jongin, you just made me despise you. “ 

Getting out of the office, she brushed off Bogum who was with Karina, waiting outside. “ Jennie ~ “ 

Karina looked at her leaving form, the brunette have an arm to block her face form them to looked at, she walked away without looking at them. 

Bogum sighed frustratingly at the door, he doesn’t know what to say. He just looked at Karina apologetically, when the younger designer looked at him all clueless. 

Jennie run away until she reached the staircase of the building, she tried to run down the stairs in attempt of walking away from all the emotions, all the pain and definitely from Kai. But she can’t even reach the half of it, when she slumped down the floor and break down. She cried and cried hugging herself, until her phone rang.

She have her knees curled up against her body, her arms on her knees, she was like a small ball in that floor crying her eyes out. She doesn’t even looked at her phone and put it down unconsciously on the floor, not knowing she clicked the answer button.

“ Jennie ~  “ Jisoo called her, waiting for her to answer since the call got accepted.

The raven frowned when she can only hear silence from the other line, she was sure her call got accepted. She detached the phone from her ears and check, but yes, the call was running. 

She took a deep breathe and leaned in her table, before taking the phone again in her ears, trying to call Jennie’s name again more loudly, “ Jennie. “ 

The frown in Jisoo’s face deepened, she was about to get the phone away again, when she heard a stifled sob from the other line. She quietly listened in her phone for any sounds from the other line. And to her horror, another sobbed came from it, this time she can’t be mistaken.

“ Jennie, where are you? “

She felt her chest tightened, her stomach roiling in anger and anxiousness as she pictured her wife crying. She never heard nor see Jennie cried in almost a year of their marriage.

Standing from her seat abruptly, Jisoo stride forward straight to her office door. Greg was outside standing in his post.

Without pausing, she walked briskly towards the elevator knowing Greg was at her tow. “ Greg! Position Jennie’s phone's location! Report to me where she is, now! “

The secretary was baffled looking at her confusedly, he tried to reach her but Jisoo was fast, she was pressing the button of the elevator with force. “ But Miss Kim, what about the meeting in 10 minutes? “

“ Put off! And do what I was asking. “ Jisoo stepped at the elevator, ignoring her secretary.

Still sobbing uncontrollably, Jennie felt drained. She felt numb but her chest hurts.

I don’t know how long I’ve cried.

One hour? Or more,

Jennie sniffed, when suddenly a pair of familiar handmade leather shoes appeared before her. She messily wiped her tear damped face, but before she can even react.

She got raised off the floor, and a strong soft arms round her waist, pulling her towards the body that gave her a sense of safeness and comfort she never knew she needed.

A hint of fresh mint.

Her familiar smell,

I wanna be in her embrace forever.