Twenty-Three

AT THE OFFICE

Chaeyoung, Yerim and Karina looked at each other and looked back at the brunette. Again looking back and fort at each other before pushing each other again.

" Yerim! Go find out why! " Chaeyoung whispered at the younger.

Yerim peaked at the corner, looking at Jennie who was leaning down her table, just staring blankly at nowhere. " No! My Jen is so cold today, she can freeze people. "

" I guess, maybe she's broken hearted. " Karina said softly, looking at Jennie sadly. She looked back at the two, that now looking suspeciously at her. " What? "

" So, you know something ~ " The two said, looking at her like a predator to their prey.

Karina just backaway, raising both hands up in surrender. " I-I'm just guessing. "

" Anyhow ~ Let's just leave her alone for a while. "

At the corner, Jennie just placed head back in her crossed arms in the table. She just felt so tired with all this projects then emotional events going around her.

My erstwhile lover, becomes the nephew of my wife. What a ridiculous relationship. I couldn't concentrate all day.

After the office hours, Jennie went to the elevator and pushed the button to send her to ground floor. As she exit from the building, she looked up and saw how dark the sky was.

" It's sunny this morning. Now it's getting really cloudy. " Jennie mumbled.

A storm is coming

-------------------------------------------

SEATTLE - USA

A silver haired good looking man, were looking outside his office door. The rain is pouring wildly outside. Seems like sympathizing with his gloomy feeling.

" Don't tell me, suddenly you're reluctant to leave? " Bogum said. Looking at the young man, looking gravely outside. " What? Are you? "

Still with the lack of response from the guy, he crossed his arms in his chest as he looked at his bestfriend pitifully. The guy looked down, and pulled out his hand from his pocket, opening his palm, he saw the ring in it. He just sighed. And asked softly, " Are you afraid to go back, Kai? "

" Bogum ~ I still remember the things happened in the airport when we left. " Kai said, looking absentmindedly somewhere. " Is love always defeated by distance? "

" Bro ~ Seriously, I don't believe that Jennie would change her heart so quickly. " Bogum said, though he's not that close to Jennie but he knew their love for each other were strong.

At the time in Seoul University. Everybody knew about Jennie Kim. The beautiful top student of Department of Architecture.

Cool and proud. Like a snow lotus, she didn't care about anybody. However such a girl, became warm whenever she's with Jongin. Their love is well known in school.

They both were famous. One was cool and the other always looked distant. And those two persons, fell inlove with each other. Everybody believed, they were just right for each other.

But it took less than a year, after Kai arrived at USA. Jennie wanted to break up because she was in love with someone else.

She left no room for negotiation. Her phone was off, and then the number was changed. Her heartless behavior was staggering.

" If you can't let go, go back and ask her why, " Bogum said after a while. Looking at his bestfriend for the last time before he send off. " It's better to find out the reason than keep guessing in pain. "