Thirty-Three

A moment of pure silence engulfed them, Jennie’s hands slowly traced Jisoo’s tummy up to her chest before she looked up and find that dark brown eyes were looking back at her. When Jisoo locked her gaze at those soft chocolate brown eyes of her wife, there were something in her chest burns and the tightening in her stomach she felt earlier came back rushing through her veins. With a deep breathe, she pushed Jennie in her back as she again hovered above her.

Startled, Jennie’s eyes widen, her face flushed and she chuckled awkwardly under her wife when Jisoo pinned her hands at the sides of her head.

“ Not again! Jisoo, I can’t anymore! “ Jennie whined, blushing hard. Seriously this woman! How many times does she need to get satisfied??

When she felt Jisoo just didn’t do anything, she lift her gaze, looking at Jisoo as the raven studies her. Her face were back at it’s soft features and her eyes were looking straight at hers, and with that she felt her face flushed, it seems the whole room suddenly got hotter.

“ Jennie, you know- “ Jisoo said hesitantly, swallowing hard, “ There is something I can do but you can’t. Got it? “

Jennie looked at her confusedly, but huffed stubbornly by the words. “ So overbearing! How could you deprive of my freedom? “

When Jennie was about to look away from Jisoo, she felt her grip in her hands tightened a little, making her gaze locked at those beautiful dark brown eyes.

“ Listen, I never have an affair with another woman, so.. “ Jisoo husked lowly, she gulped nervously.

“ What? “ Jennie asked dumbly, making Jisoo breathe in defeat before throwing herself back in the bed, releasing Jennie.

“ Forget it, if you didn’t hear that! Believe it or not, it’s up to you, “ she huffed lowly, turning her back at the dumb Jennie. “ I’m tired, I’m getting sleep now. “

Jennie blinked her eyes confusedly at Jisoo’s back, having no idea what was all that mean.

Midnight came, and Jennie still can’t fall asleep even after she take a shower. Getting off bed slowly, trying to be discreet as to not disturb Jisoo’s sleep. She was about to head to their kitchen to get water, when her foot slip by the sheet of their blanket accidentally, she tripped making a loud ruckus, waking Jisoo up.

Now with all the lights turned on, Jennie squirmed at the edge of the bed, playing at her fingers nervously, Jisoo was standing in front of her, crossed arms beneath her chest looking straight at her.

“ Are you a baby? How could you fall while walking like this? “ Jisoo asked seriously, making Jennie cowered. “ Why not turn on the lights? “

“ I don’t wanna bother your sleep, “ Jennie mumbled weakly, feeling dumb and somewhat a little emotional, she felt like she was being scolded or what. “ Just missed my footing, so I accidentally- “

“ Missed your footing? You’re really a baby, huh? “ Jisoo taunts, still looking at her wife, who lowered her head avoiding to look at her.

Jennie felt herself about to tear up, so she cleared her throat and composed herself. “ When you dragged me off your car, I twisted my foot- “

“ Why not tell me that earlier?? Jen, are you acting up with me? “ Jisoo interrupted her, raising her voice a little, she felt frustrated over Jennie with explainable reason.

Jennie bit her lip, fist her hand to her night dress to guard her emotions from showing up. Especially in front of Jisoo, she would never let her see her in such a vulnerable state.

Acting up? Over a year, I’ve tried to put on a brave face. She thought to herself, still not facing the raven. Tried to pretend I feel neither pain. Nor sorrow. But in the end, all is fake. I was fooling myself.

A tear or two dropped from her eyes, she wasn’t even aware. She was too engrossed in her thoughts but was dragged out of that when she heard Jisoo’s soothing voice getting close to her.

“ It really hurts? “

Jennie was about to answer when Jisoo suddenly kneeled down in front of her and lift her injured foot to massage it lightly. A low gasp of surprise escaped from her, when she felt the cold hands of her wife, touching her aching ankle gently.

“ It’s my fault this time. “ Jisoo said lowly, instead of looking at her, she was just looking at the foot at hand. It makes Jennie’s heart skip a beat.

What?

She looked at Jisoo, still not looking at her, but massaging her foot gently with care.

Is this an apology? She thought, a small smile placed at her face while looking at her wife’s beautiful face.

TWO DAYS AFTER

Looking at her over swollen foot, she heard a groan of disapproval from the raven haired woman in front of her. She looked up and saw the creased in Jisoo’s brows and a pissed off look with her arms crossed.

How could I feel like, it’s her foot and not mine that was twisted?

Jennie was pulled out of her thoughts when Jisoo suddenly lift her up and strolled out of the house mumbling that they will go to the hospital.