Forty-Nine

AT THE HOSPITAL

When Jennie finished her food and was about to get off the bed. Taehyung emerged inside, slowly coming towards her, while waving her phone in the air before giving it to her. " Your phone. Someone called you last night. "

Jennie looked at it and saw bunch of messages from a certain raven. She closed her eyes tightly, before composing herself. Taehyung noticed it. " She kept calling, so I answered it without your permission. I apologize. "

" What did you say to her? " Jennie gulped nervously.

By the way the color of Jennie's face drained, the young man could only assume as he was curious. " Special someone? Girlfriend? "

" Nope. " Jennie smiled at him forcedly. Chuckling awkwardly as she looked away. I'm not lying. She's not a special someone nor a girlfriend. She's my wife.

Taehyung could sense there was something, but she swallowed his curiousity and smiled at her. " It was late at night. After all, I am a man. I was afraid she'll misunderstand. So I pretended to be a doctor on duty. And said you had a small car accident. "

I'd still better to text her back to clear things up. Jennie cried inwardly, it will be a long discussion with Jisoo, for that she's sure.

To: Ms. K

Chu.

Who's the guy who answered my call last night?  - Jisoo

The doctor on duty.  - Jennie

Great. You've colluded with him, huh? Kim Jennie, you're dead.  - Jisoo

Jennie winced for her flat and weak excuse. But she refrained herself to reply any further as Taehyung come near her. She tucked her phone and smiled at him. " I got to work today. And you. "

" I can drive you there. " The man volunteered, smiling charmingly at her.

------------------------------------------

AT OFFICE LOBBY

Jennie was about to open the car door, when the young man speaks making her looked at him. " Please don't forget, the concert tomorrow. "

" Will I hear you play? " Jennie asked, smiling at him.

Taehyung tilted his head, looking at her with a raised brows in question. " Would you like to? "

" Is there any diferrence? " Jennie asked genuinely. She don't have any idea how this concert will work, so she was quiet innocent about it. When the young man just smirked at her. She continued teasingly. " Don't give me the previlege. I'm afraid, I get lost in it. "

The brunette chuckled softly, waving her hand at the flushed face of Taehyung, without a knowledge of how much impact she has for the guy, she winked. " Catch you tomorrow! "

---------------------------------------

Phew! Luckily it was just a small accident. Should I text Jisoo now?

But I'm not sure how to explain it better. I can only tell her the truth.

Composing a message, she cringed at how she ended up with a message like that. But she pushed all of it and sent it to her wife. Better this than sorry later.

-------------------------------------------

GOLF CLUB, USA

" Ms. Kim. "

Jisoo looked back, as Greg hands her a phone. Excusing from a business partner and got the phone from her secretary. Looking at her phone, she smiled for the first time today before handing it back to him. Though she knows Jennie was again, fooling her.

From: Jennie

The guy you talked to. He's a passerby who sent me to hospital. But how I wish it was you instead, Chu ~ My mind was full of you when I passed out. Miss you ~ Muah!