Twenty-Five

Smell of disinfectant.

I'm in a hospital.

Jennie opened her eyes drowsily. The first thing she saw was a raven haired girl. Sitting in a couch near her bed. Flipping a page from the book she was reading. Her beautiful face were placed above her palm as she leaned in it.

Dark brown eyes, cute pointy nose and those heart shaped lips.

Jisoo.

" Enough of staring? " Jisoo's husky voice draw her back from her thoughts. Though startled and blushing, she won't miss what Jisoo mumbled. Sounded like ' Need tissue? '

How can I get enough of your beautiful face? Humph! Jennie thought. Clutching a blanket to cover half of her face.

" Kim Jennie ~ " Jennie must admit, Jisoo calling her full name like that is sexy yet scary. She cowered in her bed, setting the blanket up to cover her face, only eyes can be seen by the raven. " Are you a baby? You should know when to see a doctor. "

" Chu ~ I'm sick ~ " Jennie just looked at her wife with those eyes. For Jisoo she looked like a beaten up kitten.

Jisoo sighed. Putting her book down the table near her and leaned in. Both elbows in her knees, looking at Jennie. " So you have an excuse, huh? "

" I wanted to take a nap, but I overslept. Maybe I wanted to make you feel bad for  me. " Jennie said softly, shifting in her bed. " But obviously you were just angry at me ~ "

With clenching jaw, Jisoo stood up. And leaned in closer to Jennie, looking intently at her wife. " Jennie ~ Why are you under so much stress? "

Jennie leaned her back to the headboard, sitting comfortably, before looking at Jisoo.

" The doctor said, you caught a cold and your body lost defenses. Because you're under stress. " Jisoo pressed. She's mad, cause even Jennie and her don't tangled with each other, romantically.

She's still her wife.

Looking at Jennie, just looking back at her. She doesn't know what's running inside the brunette's head. She wanted Jennie to tell whatever problem it is, just for once so she can help her.

But just as stubborn as Jennie was. Maybe I should just keep lying. She doesn't have to know.

" Because ~ " Jennie started, clenching the blanket in her palm. " I can't participate in the competitive presentation. "

Jisoo looked down, gulping. She can't still open up to me.

Knowing she won't get any reaction from the raven, Jennie leaned in closer. " Chu ~ look, I'm so stressed that I feel sick. Allow me in, please? "

For the ninth time, Jisoo could just clenched her jaw in annoyance. She stood up, putting her hands in her pocket and leave the room, not even looking back at Jennie.

Jennie on the other hand, doesn't know ehat were Jisoo thinking. She just felt annoyed that Jisoo just leave her like that. She kicked the blanket in the bed grumpily. Ugh! Bastard! No compassion in you at all!

Jennie sighed, looking outside the window of her hospital room.

Back then, when I was sick, mom and dad were always there, taking care of me. Then when I went to school...

A snippet of flashback, strike from her head. One winter day, after she fell in sick and came back to school. Kai were at the very school ground waiting for her. He put his scarf around Jennie, just to keep her warm.

A box suddenly place in her hands, putting Jennie in shock, out of her reverie. She looked up, and saw Jisoo, who can't look directly at her.

" Chu ~ " Still shocked, Jennie looked back at the box in her hands. And saw a box of deliciously looking bento.

Moved by this act. She wiped a sudden tear that escaped her eyes. Jisoo wasn't a person that will take effort for someone or anyone. So receiving a special act like this from her, makes Jennie's heart softened.

Still couldn't look at her wife, Jisoo just stood near the window, casually looking outside. By the sound of a silent sob that escaped from Jennie, Jisoo just straightened her stand. Putting her cold hands in her pocket. " Touched? "

Glaring at her wife's back, Jennie sobbed once more, pouting. " Of course, I'm touched. You're so nice to me ~ "

Jisoo was contemplating whether she turned around and comfort her wife or- But before she could even make a decision, Jennie ruined the moment.

" Since you're so nice, please find a way to let me in! " She wailed. Still holding her bento, dearly. The veins in Jisoo's forehead almost popped out in annoyance. Jennie really won't miss any opportunity to make her wife pissed.

' It's ok, if you don't want to eat! '

' I want to eat! '

After a while of silence, Jennie was eating silently while Jisoo still looking outside the window. Jennie looked at Jisoo's back. " The dinner, with your sister ~ "

" I sent you here ~ I didn't go to my sister's. " Jisoo said calmly.