Fifty-Five

Roaming around with Taehyung is quiet tiring, she should have known. The guy is popular for her own good. But before she could even protest, like everytime, the young man noticed it. He tapped her hand that was tucked in his arm. Smiling at her apologetically, " Take a break here. I'll fetch some food and drinks for you. "

" Okay. " Jennie said, smiling back. Sitting at the near couch she saw, she massaged her limbs lightly and breathe.

She was silently taking a rest, when Kai decided to yet trouble her. She saw him approaching and sighed in distress. " Mr. Kim, I don't think it's appropriate to dig at me at such an occasion. If one slap couldn't satisfy you. We can do more. But later. "

" Jennie. " Kai looked at her in a mixture of regret and pain. He don't know what to do anymore. He's so confused by who is this woman he's been dibbing on. But before he could even form another word, Jennie doesn't give him any chance.

" Mr. Kim, my companion is coming back soon. And I think talking to me alone like this, isn't appropriate. " Jennie said, looking up at him from where she sitting prettily.

Kai looked at her, she doesn't look like a bit shaken up by him nor by what happened to them the other day. " Kim Jisoo alone isn't enough to satisfy you, huh? "

" I don't care what you think. " Jennie said, shaking her head before looking away from him. " Sorry, but please leave me alone. "

" Jennie. " Kai called her, and was about to step forward when a gentle hand tap him in the shoulder.

" Mr. Kim. " Taehyung said. Smiling at him timidly, one hand at his shoulder, preventing him to move towards the brunette and the other hand holding a tray of some snacks and drink. " As a gentleman, you shouldn't force a lady to talk to you, when she doesn't want it. "

The young man step closer to Jennie, smiling charmingly at her, as he place the tray at the table near her, completely ignoring the presence of the silver haired man near them. " I don't know your preference. So I picked some, randomly. "

" It all looks delicious, thank you. " Jennie smiled at him gratefully. Sipping at the drink, she sighed in contentment. Making the Taehyung smiled softly before facing the man before him.

Smiling at him, Taehyung stand straight in front of him. A hand at his back and the other at his pocket, " Mr. Kim, it's our great honor to have you here. "

" You're welcome, Mr. Kim. " Kai said grimly. Holding his posture as to intimidate the musician.

Taehyung just smiled at him, trying to look around like looking for something before again looking back at him. " You didn't bring along a female companion today? "

" I lent her to another man. So I made my way here alone. "  - Kai

" Oh really? You'd better keep her by your side. But if you can't, that only means she is not yours. Don't you think so, Mr. Kim? "  - Taehyung

" Not necessarily. She's just lost. And I got to light a lamp to guide her back to me. "  - Kai

" I afraid she's looking ahead. And she doesn't want to notice the lamp behind her. "  - Taehyung

" No matter how far she goes. She won't forget where she comes from. "  - Kai

The two continued staring, sizing up and intimidating each other. Jennie could just look at them, popping a grapes to her mouth. She cleared her throat, before standing up, getting both their attention.

" Excuse me. I need to go to the rest room. " Jennie smiled awkwardly to the both of them before scurrying away.

" Do you really know her, Mr. Kim? " Kai asked the man beside him, aware that both of them were looking at the same woman, who were looking back at them anxiously while finding the nearest restroom.

Taehyung could only just look at Jennie, he doesn't need to know everything for him to notice how uncomfortable his companion had become ever since they came at the venue. But he just smiled knowingly. " Better than you can imagine. "