Sixty-One

Taehyung guided Jennie towards the car, walking passed the furious Kai. The young man was about to open the car door for the brunette when Kai blocked their way.

Taehyung sighed in exhaustion, this event was meant to be a door opening for the designer to see how he feels about her. Then scene after scene happened. It's tiring him and his broken heart. He looked at Kai, calming himself, cause he don't want Jennie to be depress more than she already looked. " Mr. Kim, I hope you can understand, it's not appropriate to question her here. Or say you just meant to make her the target of gossips, and watch her suffers. "

Kai gritted his teeth. He knows Taehyung is right, but he's full of rage and pain that he can't understand the look in Jennie's solemn face. He move to step forward and angrily looked at her. " I'll send you back! "

" No. " Jennie murmured. She can't process everything that was happening and the dull feeling she was sporting.

Taehyung looked at her pitifully, before pulling her behind him. Covering her from Kai who was looking deadly at her. " Mr. Kim, after all she's still my companion today, please behave yourself. "

" I never thought Mr. Kim, would choose a married woman as his companion. " Kai looked straight at him, he looked pissed but defeated. Smiling his irritation, he chuckled darkly. " How ridiculous it is. "

Taehyung just sighed, and walked passed him bringing Jennie with him towards the car. He made sure the brunette were already strapped safely before peeking from the hood of the car to look at the poor silver haired guy. " Though it might be, I'll never use harsh words to hurt a woman. "

After that, they drive away. Leaving Kai standing dejectedly right where they last saw him, Jennie was looking at him from the side mirror and can't help the tears in her eyes to flow down her face non-stop. It breaks her heart to see Kai like that. He was once sweet, caring and a very gentle man, she was sure to herself that everything was her fault.

It's so sad.

I can't even breath.

Taehyung was driving carefully, he was willing himself not to look at the brunette cause he can hear her sobbed silently, it almost pains him.

He did everything he could to be just a silent friend, but the pain his heart was enduring was too much that he needs to give it the hard confirmation it wants.

" Jen, you and her ~ " Taehyung swallowed hard, taking a deep breath before continuing. " Are you really married? "

Jennie just looked outside and let herself stare at the beautiful starry night with envy. How could the sky looked so beautiful and peaceful while my world down here starting to crush bits by bits more than it already has.

" Could you please send me back to Luxury Villa? " Jennie asked silently still not paying the young man even a glance. She was so exhausted emotionally that she can't see the disappointment she expected to see to Taehyung's eyes.

The musician could only sighed and nod silently, driving the car carefully towards their destination.

-------------------------------------------

LUXURY VILLA

" Thank you. " Jennie murmured silently, that made Taehyung grip the car's steering wheel tightly.

He clenched his jaw when he saw her looking down heart breakingly. He wanted to reach out and hug her but he stop himself. " Jen ~ "

" I'm fine. " Jennie bit her lip hard and swallowed all the tears forming in her eyes away, she lift her face up and smiled forcefully at him. She just want to end this night already.

Taehyung could see right through her, he wanted to protest, he wanted to make her see that she can be her trueself to him. That he was and will always be there right beside her.

" Jen, I can explain this to Ms. Kim. I shouldn't have brought you along tonight. Putting you in an awkward position. "

She felt her heartache, she knew Jisoo is mad and just the fact that she ignored her completely before she go, it bothered her so much since it's been too long when the last time they see each other.

She smiled at Taehyung and was already reaching for the car door. " I got to go. I feel tired now. I hope this won't hinder our friendship. "

She already got out of the car when Taehyung can manage to say ' Of course, it won't. '

It's sad that this wasn't the young man's idea of how their night would be finish. With him sitting alone in the car while he watched her walk away solemnly from him.