Thirty

When Jennie went back to get her purse, Yerim came towards her handing her, her phone. She eyed the younger girl warily, wanting to ask why she has her phone but Yerim beat her to it.

“Jen, when you went out, your phone were ringing. We didn’t answer, but a Ms. K calling you. “

Jisoo.

Shit! Did she see me earlier?

Upon seeing Jennie’s paling skin, Yerim step forward, asking if she was okay. But Jennie step back, already making her way out of the club. Like she can’t hear anything anymore as she tried calling Jisoo back. It keeps ringing and ringing and ringing but Jisoo didn’t answer her. A sudden chill crawl up her spine, she suddenly wanted to find Jisoo. But fortunately for the last try..

“ Ch-chu ~ “ Jennie started trembling, she don’t know what to say, she doesn’t even know if the raven even saw her.

Jisoo on the other hand just stay quite, listening if she wanted to say anything more. But since the other line went silent, “ Would you like anything? “

Jennie don’t know but the coldness of Jisoo’s voice seems crashed down her body and she felt like trembling. What the hell?

“ I wanna go home, can you please drive me home? “ Jennie said, by the silence that Jisoo seems enjoying giving her, she was actually expecting any kind of remarks from the raven, but like all the events happening to her recently, it surprisingly doesn’t come.

“ Wait for me in the entrance, I’ll pick you up from there. “ And just like that before Jennie could even say anything, she hang up.

Waiting at the valet part of the club, Jennie hugged herself from the night chill, rubbing her arms, seeking for a little bit of warmth.

Why Jisoo wasn’t here yet? What if she came across Kai inside, that would be awful. 

You’re overthinking Jennie, shut it!

A moment later, she saw Jisoo’s car approaching, making her release a sigh in relief. Once the car stopped in front of her, she went towards the car and hopped in.

Getting out of the club after he tossed a bottle of rum down his throat, Kai sighed harshly, running his fingers through his hair.

But before he could even breathe a fresh air, he saw Jennie getting in a fully tinted black car. Wanting to stop her from getting in, he was too late as the car drove away the moment the door closed.

Jennie, whose car is that? Who are you with? Is that the one you love?

Looking at the moving car, Kai breathed out hardly, ruffling his hair in frustration.

------------------------------------- 

IN THE CAR

Jisoo drove back in their house silently, focusing her eyes on the road. Jennie shifts in her seat, looking at her driver occasionally, testing the coast, readying herself in case Jisoo really saw something back there.

“ Didn’t you say, you will be late? “ Jennie got startled as Jisoo asked her, eyes looking straight at the road.

The designer again squirmed at her seat. “ Not feeling well, so I wanna go home early. “

Jisoo just hummed, looked at her in the eye for a second before looking back at the road.