Twenty-Nine

“ Jennie, Let’s start over again. Okay? “ Kai said softly. Looking at her back, still holding her wrist. She wasn’t resisting so he continued. “ I wanna be the only one by your side the moment you turn around. Let’s start over. “

Felt like flashbacks of their perfect love story run in her head. Hearing him like this makes it more painful for her. Her tears flowed down her cheeks like a faucet. She felt sick, even if it was the only thing she wanted, a happy and normal life with the man she loves, she can’t be selfish and pull him down with her. The resentful night she was still suffering from, drown all the hopes she have to live a life she always dreaming. So with the last string of strength she have, she pulled her hand off his grip, still not facing him.

“ How could we start over when there is no love already? “

With the conviction Jennie implied in her sentence, Kai was taken aback like he was facing not the girl she loves, like she was someone else.

Sighing harshly, Kai clenched his jaw, and pulled Jennie back forcefully. Jennie was shocked beyond all, her eyes widen and her body even froze for a second as the guy pinned her at the wall again, leaned his body to her and kissed her fiercely.

Once she regained her consciousness, she pushed him hard, trying to escape from him. But he was strong, she couldn’t get away. “ S-stop! Ka-Kai, stop it! “

She was telling him to stop in a desperate and a weak way as he was forcing his mouth to hers, biting her lips hard. Jennie clutched at his shoulder, trying to push him away. She couldn’t believe Kai was forcing her like this. 

“ Why is Jisoo suddenly invited us to Heaven Night tonight? “ Someone said at their back as footsteps heard at a near distance. The said name made Jennie’s body felt colder more than when she saw Kai earlier.

Ji-Jisoo? Why is she here?

Why now??

P-please stop!

I hate her seeing this!

The footsteps got closer and closer to them, and Jennie doesn’t know if the fresh tears flowing from her eyes were from the hurt she felt were for the man she loved that was forcing her of this or because of the knowledge that Jisoo might be here and see her like that, kissing someone else.

She wanted to keep pushing Kai away, but she knows if she successfully pushed him back, there is a huge possibility that the raven haired girl might see her, that she felt like she can’t afford to happen. She was debating what to do, when a certain smell of perfume she knew she couldn’t be mistaken that her wife’s, swift in the air.

Imagine you intake the smell you knew were from your wife but you were kissing someone certainly not her. Add up, she was just a few meters away at the scene. Jennie shut her eyes tightly, tears running from her eyes as she helplessly prayed that Jisoo won’t see this.

Jisoo stepped in, from the entrance, not minding anyone around her. She heard Wendy whistled in front of her, looking at where her friend were looking at, she saw a couple kissing at the hallway.

She wasn’t one to pry to anyone’s business and about to just leave it. But as she get closer, she felt something within her that made her halt for a second. Looking at the couple, the guy was pinning at the woman under him. A distant pinch in her stomach made her comment in the shameless couple.

“ Tasteless. “ Jisoo husked lowly as she passed by. Walking straight at their reserved room.

Once the door closed, Jennie opened her eyes as she gained her strength one last time. Pushing Kai completely off her. Before he could even react or leaned back at her, she plant a hard and painful slap across his face. Tears at her eyes as she looked at him coldly.

“ If the media and your clients see you losing your cool like this. The news must be very sensational. “ Jennie said emotionless.

Her head hurts, she felt sick and tired, with her palm stings with the impact of the slap. She walked out of the club quickly, leaving Kai stunned.