four - bonding with the boss

rain's day began with sam entering her office, and asking her tens of questions about how to control his social media

rain's day began with sam entering her office, and asking her tens of questions about how to control his social media. he knew how to use it, he just wanted to know how to get a certain image. he had seen that rain was good at crafting a very particular image of herself, one that he thought was on brand with what he had seen of her. but he was sure she was very particular about what everyone saw of her. 

sam liked her. she was chatty and she was patient with him, answering every question to the best of her abilities and offering to help him with whatever he needed. he did notice that she spoke without really telling him a lot about herself. he figured that she would open up when she felt comfortable, so he didn't push anything. he didn't want to scare away his potential new friend. 

"anything else?" rain asked, glancing at the clock as she realised the time. 

sam shook his head, "not that i can think of."

"okay, great. you should probably head off to training," she told. "and let me know if you want any other help, just doing the usual football posts on the richmond accounts can be a little mind numbing. plus i appreciate the company, not a lot of people have come to see me."

sam smiled, "are the accounts that bad?"

rain shook her head, "it isn't. i like this job. plus i've been working on brand deals when i get bored. i just replied to an email for a protein powder partnership and asked if they'd be interested in a richmond player instead of me. i don't look like i lift, so..."

"do you?"

"lift? not really. kind of but i don't use protein powder and i can guarantee someone in that changing room does. knowing my luck though, it would be jamie."

"you don't like him?"

"not really, he's a bit of a prick. you?"

"i don't either."

rain chuckled, "well sam, i think i like you even more now."

---

rain had finalised all of the pictures she had taken at the weekend's match, editing them and separating them so that they were available to each player based on who was in them. she scheduled some richmond posts, including a belated birthday one for sam before she sent off the others to each player.

keeley came marching into her office, rambling on about the sun. rain nodded, not completely grasping what was happening but she definitely agreed that she hated the tabloid.

rain nodded as keeley through herself down onto the sofa that had been recently added at her request, "sorry, what's happening?"

keeley showed rain her phone screen, "they have pictures of me and ted. i can see the headlines now 'jamie's tart breaks tartt's heart'."

despite how worried she was for her friend (not her relationship as much) because she knew what football fans could be like, she tried to make light of the situation.