thirty-seven - promotions

(smut warning)

(smut warning)

it was the final. it was the day they found out whether or not they would be promoted. edwin akufo had joined keeley and rebecca in the owner's box and rain was in the changing room, her equipment already set up on the pitch.

"good luck boys," she called loudly. "i feel it in my bones."

dani smiled up at her, "you do? really?"

she nodded, "oh yeah. more than ever."

she made her way towards sam, pinching his earlobs, "i respect whatever you decide."

"thank you raindrop."

"anytime sammy."

---

brentford was up 2 nil. they were still in nate's false nine until half time. rain flinched as nate swore loudly at the players next to her. she had no doubt that he was the one who leaked the story about ted.

he'd changed. and not for the better.

rain followed the team back into the changing rooms, where she uploaded the first half images onto her laptop. she waited in the changing room so the coaches could talk.

no one was moving. she was sat behind jamie, the man sat between her legs as she gently played with his hair, staring into space. the silence was only broken when will dropped a water bottle. rain's eyes snapped to him to check he was okay before she continued to stare at the wall once more.

the silence was broken again when ted asked whether they should stick to the false nine or switch it up.

no one spoke.

jan maas stood up, "the tactic is sound, and we're all perfectly capable of executing it. it will work."

rain clapped, "our perfect little tulip has spoken."

jan maas frowned at her.

"because you're dutch," she explained. "and tulips are a symbol for deep love. cause i love you jan maas, my blunt, beautiful friend."

he smiled, "you're still strange. but very kind and very pretty."

"thank you."

ted nodded, "hey, if jan maas says it, you know it's the truth, right?"

"i wouldn't lie to you," he told. "for instance, zoreaux, you should have saved that first goal."

"bro," zoreaux sighed.

everyone chuckled. ted called for them to bring it in. it was decided, nate's false nine was staying.

isaac stayed sat as jamie pulled rain's hand into the pile. when ted told him to join, he did, walking through the hands and instead putting his on the believe sign above the door.