fifty-one - scared little girl

trigger warning - descriptions of verbal and physical abuse (choking, stalking) this chapter will only be this plot point so you can skip it completely if you need, i'll do a v brief summary of any major plot points at the end x

rain had never been more scared in her life. well, she had, but it was the same person that had caused any occasion she could think of. the one time she decides the english weather is nice enough for her to walk and this happens. she silently cursed herself. how could she be so stupid? how could she think for even a second she was truly safe? why did she let her guard down? she knew better. every time she thought things were going good and something proved her wrong. 

and this was one of those massive slaps in the face from whatever higher power had it out for her. 

oscar was in front of her. he was towering over her as he always did.

and this time she was alone. there was no jamie to walk in and pull her away. she watched him carefully as she racked her brain to get her out of the situation as quickly as possible. 

"rain," he greeted, smiling at her. 

her stomach flipped, "oscar."

"how are you?" he asked, stepping closer to her. 

she automatically stepped back, "fine."

his smile dropped at her movement and his face contorted when it was repeated. this time, she hit the wall behind her. she was metres from work and here he was. 

he reached a hand out, "why are you moving away from me?"

"you know why," she hissed. "you- you-"

"i what?"

she glared, "you spent years hurting me."

"and you think you didn't deserve it?" he questioned. 

she ignored the tears that pricked her eyes as she shook her head, "i didn't."

he stepped forward again, making her flinch. she turned her head, desperately trying to figure out if she was in the club's cctv vicinity. she prayed someone could see what was happening but she knew praying did nothing. 

she had prayed for years. she'd prayed every time he'd laid a hand on her and nothing helped. 

she was alone as always. 

"yes, you did. i was teaching you a fucking lesson. you were always dressed like a slut, begging for other men's attention," he exclaimed, hand reaching out for her. she gasped in fear as his hand wrapped around her throat. 

she grabbed his arm, "you're breaking the restraining order."

"who's gonna tell? you?"

"no, but the cameras might," she responded. god, she felt pathetic. her voice shook as she spoke, making it the least threatening thing she could say.