fifty-three - make up

the ke(e)y(ley) to my heartyou need to talk to jamiepleasehe'll understand everythinghe's pretty bad and i think he needs you rain, i think he thinks you're gonna break up with himi think you should tell him about oscar, if you're comfortable loca...

you need to talk to jamie
please
he'll understand everything
he's pretty bad and i think he needs you rain, i think he thinks you're gonna break up with him
i think you should tell him about oscar, if you're comfortable 

location sent
meet us here

rainstorm
i'm on my way
you're right
i'll talk to him

rain booked an uber to the location tag she was sent. she'd have to face jamie eventually. she stepped out, recognising where she was. she was at jamie's childhood home. she'd seen it in the countless facetimes they'd had with his mum.

with a deep breath, she rung the doorbell.

the door swung open, "oh hi rain!"

rain smiled, taking in the man in front of her, "hi simon, baking again?"

"you know it. come in. come in. jamie's just in the living room."

rain felt anxiety bubble inside of her, realising jamie had probably spoken to georgie and they all probably secretly hated her for not looking after her son.

"hi," rain greeted, her voice small as she stepped into the room.

georgie unwrapped herself from her hug with jamie, "hi love, i'll let you two talk."

she left them alone. rain stayed standing where she was, staring at her hands, "look, jamie-"

"are you breaking up with me?"

rain's head shot up, eyes wide, "what?" she shook her head rapidly. "no. why would i- no. i thought you were gonna break up with me." she sighed but made no effort to move, scared to get closer to him. "i'm sorry for not being there for you."

"why'd you think i was breaking up with you?"

"dani got in my head when you started acting weird," she revealed. "i thought you were avoiding me."

"you asked me to not stay round," he argued.

she closed her eyes, "i know. i- i didn't want to worry you."

he stood up, stepping closer, "worry me about what?"

she did the same she did to keeley, pulling out her phone and showing him the images, "i had a run in... with oscar."

"he did that?"

"and i didn't want you to know, so i pulled away and caused this. i'm so fucking sorry-"

her phone vibrated.

she closed her eyes, already guessing what it was, "shit."

jamie didn't mean to see the message but he did and he saw the awful things her parents were saying to her.

"the fuck is this?"

"the other thing i've been avoiding telling you."

"rain this is fucking horrible," he told.